Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lift kit/ jeep warranty

Old 03-13-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit/ jeep warranty

Does the jeep warranty go away once you lift it?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you do it yourself... my dealership is putting mine on, on thursday...
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by csthibeau
if you do it yourself... my dealership is putting mine on, on thursday...
How much is it costing you to do it through the dealership?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol my dealership Told me 200$ per inches... I laught and left... I say do it yourself if u got tools friends and beer u'll enjoy ur lift 10 Times more... Any question during the install, we're here

Good luck
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You lose the warranty on your suspension components, but those get swapped out with stronger, aftermarket parts anyways. You do still retain the warranty on all the electrical components, pumps, motor, transmission, etc... They can't just flat out void your warranty, they can only void certain parts of the warranty where an aftermarket part was proven to cause an OEM part to fail or get damaged. That's what I was told by the dealership anyways.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orange Krush
How much is it costing you to do it through the dealership?
somewhere around $600 for a 3.5" lift.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:58 AM
JK Newbie

My salesman told me if it is a mopar part and mopar numbers and stampings it won't void the warranty.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ my dealership told me that it doesn't matter if you use mopar parts because the build sheet/ VIN/ and new parts won't match up. This might not be true but it's what they told me. I think it's totally dependent on your dealership and if they're cool with mods or not. Also, as stated above, they need to prove that anything that goes wrong needs to be directly because of the mods you've done. They'll try to prove your broken radio on your lift but if you can prove it has nothing to do with it you should be fine. I'm airing on the side of caution and putting spacers on and waiting till my warranty is up. I figure if something goes wrong it's easy enough to take the spacers off and bring it in for warranty work.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Mopar lift will void your warranty just as fast as any other lift, although an individual dealer might -- MIGHT -- decide to honor certain failures as quid-pro-quo for allowing them to install the lift. Lifting also puts your driveshafts out of warranty.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Huckleberryjeep
^^^ my dealership told me that it doesn't matter if you use mopar parts because the build sheet/ VIN/ and new parts won't match up. This might not be true but it's what they told me. I think it's totally dependent on your dealership and if they're cool with mods or not. Also, as stated above, they need to prove that anything that goes wrong needs to be directly because of the mods you've done. They'll try to prove your broken radio on your lift but if you can prove it has nothing to do with it you should be fine. I'm airing on the side of caution and putting spacers on and waiting till my warranty is up. I figure if something goes wrong it's easy enough to take the spacers off and bring it in for warranty work.
I just would like to note something about the Magnuson-Moss Act as I personally have gone through it with DCX during a lemon law buyback only to have my lawyer back out and have my insurance company handle the case. I'm also amazed I haven't gotten a pm or phone call after being active again as I'm pretty much red flagged under this username elsewhere.

Your dealership and Chrysler can point at anything they want related to an unauthorized part and say it caused the failure, regardless of what you might think; unless you want to spend years dealing with them or find the pockets and a lawyer that will go at it with them.

What I can do is say this, if you ever put a part, any part on your vehicle be ready for the worst outcome and realize that if you break something related to it, you're probably going to pay for it; you gotta pay to play.

I will note though, before I sound overly doom and gloomy, there's usually 1 or 2 "mod" friendly dealers though, just as long as you don't break something overly expensive...

Last edited by Vanilla_Coke; 03-14-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Lift kit/ jeep warranty