Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

lifetime warranty?

Old 03-05-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back. lol
Old 03-06-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

My dealership takes us off roading. They have a bunch of hard core jeepers on their team. I only have positive things to say about them. Grubbs Jeep in the DFW area.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quick Question - Might be offtopic, i didnt read the whole thread, but didn't want to make a new one.

I got my jeep in July of 07. Lifetime warranty wasn't introduced then.
My question is - I leased mine, so after i take it back 3 years from now, to buy it, will I get the ever so wonderful lifetime warranty?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Default New Sticky for Off Road Friendly Dealers - GREAT IDEA!!

The idea about setting up a new Sticky for Off Road friendly dealers was a GREAT Idea.

Site Administrators - can you set this up for us ????

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Lifetime Warranty - See your owners booklet

For those with questions about your lifetime warranty coverage, have you taken the time yet to familiarize yourself with the Lifetime Warranty booklet that you should have received with your jeep?

When you have someone at the dealer tell you that this mod or taking it offroad voids the warranty have them show you that section and verbage in the booklet.

Assumptions are not always based on the facts.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pwd72s
Thanks...it's been nice knowing you guys. I think I just decided to NOT buy a Jeep...Might as well buy a Lexus sedan if I have to stay on pavement in order to be sure the warranty will be honored...
The average dealer is extremely jumpy over any warranty claim which might be charged back against them. When they repair your jeep they are not paid upfront, they submit the warranty claim AND return the replaced parts, if required, for reimbursement. Anywhere along the line the warranty claim by the dealership can be denied if things aren't EXACTLY the way the manufacterer demands. The factory also expects the dealership to screen out obvious or suspected cases of abuse. This is not only Chrysler- Ford, GM, and Toyota do the same EXACT thing.Take ANY new vehicle in for warranty work with the bottom scraped to hell, suspension bent and 50 lbs of mud packed in the bellhousing and see how much warranty repair you will get out of them. Off road operation in itself will NOT void your warranty but offroad DAMAGE will void the warranty on the DAMAGED parts. Parts failing in normal and customary usage are usually covered as warranty, parts failing due to DAMAGE are considered OWNER MAINTNANCE.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarzilla
Quick Question - Might be offtopic, i didnt read the whole thread, but didn't want to make a new one.

I got my jeep in July of 07. Lifetime warranty wasn't introduced then.
My question is - I leased mine, so after i take it back 3 years from now, to buy it, will I get the ever so wonderful lifetime warranty?
.......NO.....

Quick Reply: lifetime warranty?