Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Liberty Mutual insurance

Old 09-29-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRooster
Those fights always come and go. Our current battle is with a noob Gieco adjuster. He's tried to get us to repair bumpers with baseball sized holes in them for 1.5 hours. He's even attempted to adjust our rates, which are already on the lower than average cost side. He tries like hell to treat us like a contract shop. We don't contract with them because we would lose money on every job.

What drives me nuts though is my estimator will cave, and actually ask us to do the work as it is on the estimate because he can't get paid to do it right. Look, make whatever concessions you want to the insurance companies, but don't expect me to hack out this job, or perform color match miracles. (I recently had to butt match a 3 stage red pearl that was so far off, I spent 10 hours making a custom bench mix color for both the base AND pearl costs. I got .5 for tint color on that one)

Attachment 500792

I painted the quarter panel on the right of that photo. Color is butt matched to the trunk. If we would have blended everything like we should have, I could have probably saved 8 hours of tinting time. But it's cheaper to screw me from both ends.

Attachment 500794

3 stage pearl red, the hardest color to match.
That's a real nice job.

Quick Reply: Liberty Mutual insurance