Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lets talk dealerships and service

Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wmcvey
Don't giveup on Jeep, just find a different dealership. Then when out of warranty you could skip the dealerships all together.
Please tell me why you even went to the dealership to have wheels changed out. Go to a tire shop.
The clear coat was peeling and turning colors, they were covered under warranty. They are the stock Rubicon wheels that I only run in winter but I purchased a tire and wheel warranty for the stockers (for a few bucks). Got my money worth but was hoping to get the stock ones back to powdercoat.

We have three dealers in the area and they are all over an hour away. Nothing local anymore unfortunately
Old 02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kane516
The clear coat was peeling and turning colors, they were covered under warranty. They are the stock Rubicon wheels that I only run in winter but I purchased a tire and wheel warranty for the stockers (for a few bucks). Got my money worth but was hoping to get the stock ones back to powdercoat.

We have three dealers in the area and they are all over an hour away. Nothing local anymore unfortunately
I have the same challenge with the incompetence of the parts/service department at my local dealer. With the closures the others are 45-60 minutes away in the eternal traffic.

I used to cringe when I had to go to the dealer, now I just make time for a 1 hour drive.

Given the financial challenges they experienced over the past year, one would think the ownership and management of the dealerships would clean up their act ...
Old 02-06-2010, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinlock
I have the same challenge with the incompetence of the parts/service department at my local dealer. With the closures the others are 45-60 minutes away in the eternal traffic.

I used to cringe when I had to go to the dealer, now I just make time for a 1 hour drive.

Given the financial challenges they experienced over the past year, one would think the ownership and management of the dealerships would clean up their act ...
I still cringe, and being that I have been in their shoes I'm not rude by any means. You would definately think they would want business.

When I was there to get the wheels replaced, I walked around the lot after the first hour just looking. Not one sales rep came out to see if they could help. I'm disgusted at that dealership. I hope I don;t get a survey again because I won't play nice anymore.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Service? At a dealership? Really? They are out there but hard to find.

Best dealer I had was Croton Auto Park in Croton-on-hudson, NY. Those guys rocked!!

Perhaps your knowledge was a bit of a threat and instead of respecting that, they wanted to show you a thing or two??? Sound like a bunch of a**es.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear your troubles. I have had nothing but postives with the dealership I go to.

Quick Reply: Lets talk dealerships and service