Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Let's see...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL the yuppie Northern Virginia people here have the frickin' Sahara model, because its "cool" and "pretty". It has all the power creature comforts that these yuppies yearn for

It's their new H2/H3.

(Yes, I have a Sahara too)
Old 03-13-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update...besides the half doors being more readily available, you will see an option for the glass sliders for the upper half of the doors...did I mention a better quality and abuse resistant composite materials instead of cheapo plastic for interiors? Oh...BFG KM2's will be the standard tire on the Rubi...hmmmm...whatelse....oh...heavier guage hood metal, steel bumpers, fog lamps and tow hooks all standard on all models.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FIX THE LEAKS ON BOTH HARDTOPS AND SOFT TOPS!!!

oh and make it a recall on older models to fix thiers also

That is all
Old 03-15-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustoff '68
how's these for rumor mongoring:
Sure, add extra weight. Should help Jeep meet fuel efficiency standards, no problem.

Jeff
Old 03-18-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeff@zina.com
Sure, add extra weight. Should help Jeep meet fuel efficiency standards, no problem.

Jeff
From the look of things on this forum, and many like it, the overwhelming majority of Wrangler owners could care less about fuel economy, much less worry about weight gain...just a lift and steel wheels and steel bumpers front and rear...will add a hell of a lot of weight...add 37" tyres and a winch, and there's nothin' green about the Wrangler machine.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dustoff...really?!?
Its gotta meet the fed requirements of efficiency BEFORE it gets to the owners to bolt on extra metal and inefficient mods.
Seriously, Jeep and all other American manufacturers need to cut back on this ala carte options business. Surely it drives their cost up.

I think its Honda that has certain trim package templates, what you get for that level is what you get. Sorry you want extra options, pay more for the better package. I think this touches on one of the previous comments.

X package should be bare bones naked with roll up windows. Equivalent to any other entry level vehicle from various manufacturers.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Major Ho

Dustoff...really?!?
Its gotta meet the fed requirements of efficiency BEFORE it gets to the owners to bolt on extra metal and inefficient mods.
Seriously, Jeep and all other American manufacturers need to cut back on this ala carte options business. Surely it drives their cost up.

I think its Honda that has certain trim package templates, what you get for that level is what you get. Sorry you want extra options, pay more for the better package. I think this touches on one of the previous comments.

X package should be bare bones naked with roll up windows. Equivalent to any other entry level vehicle from various manufacturers.
I'm of the opinion that to truely cut costs and give the customer the best fiscally responsible JK package, there should only be 2 models...both would have front and rear lockers, 17" "MOAB" rims and 33" tyres, Dana 44 front & rear, and Tru-lock diff...the "upscale" model would be a Rubi that has the electronic sway bar disconnect, 33"tyres that would be mud & snow, and have a unique interior seat material clearly identifying it as a Rubicon...that's it! Get rid of the Sahara with it's painted fenders and goofy 18" rims and faux chrome bling bling bumpers, and the decision between which JK would be simple...do I REALLY need an electric sway bar disco (which are POS anyway) and M/S tyres and Rubicon emblazoned seat materials, or do I need a JK that is no different than the Rubi save for tyres and "fancier" seats? I rest my case.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm of the opinion that to truely cut costs and give the customer the best fiscally responsible JK package, there should only be 2 models...both would have front and rear lockers, 17" "MOAB" rims and 33" tyres, Dana 44 front & rear, and Tru-lock diff...the "upscale" model would be a Rubi that has the electronic sway bar disconnect, 33"tyres that would be mud & snow, and have a unique interior seat material clearly identifying it as a Rubicon...that's it! Get rid of the Sahara with it's painted fenders and goofy 18" rims and faux chrome bling bling bumpers, and the decision between which JK would be simple...do I REALLY need an electric sway bar disco (which are POS anyway) and M/S tyres and Rubicon emblazoned seat materials, or do I need a JK that is no different than the Rubi save for tyres and "fancier" seats? I rest my case.

OK, you've stated your opinion. You are one of many, each with their own opinion. Personally I disagree with you. There, now I've stated mine too.

From the look of things on this forum, and many like it, the overwhelming majority of Wrangler owners could care less about fuel economy, much less worry about weight gain...just a lift and steel wheels and steel bumpers front and rear...will add a hell of a lot of weight...add 37" tyres and a winch, and there's nothin' green about the Wrangler machine.

Mileage may not mean much to you, but don't you dare speak for the rest of us. Why not start a poll to see how many of us care about mileage as the gas prices soar, you'll likely find yourself standing alone on your side of the fence.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 03-18-2008, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustoff '68
From the look of things on this forum, and many like it, the overwhelming majority of Wrangler owners could care less about fuel economy...
It's not the owners, it's the Federal Government. Chrysler is the only major automaker without a hybrid, and the only one that is majorly truck heavy. They are in serious danger of not making Federal requirements for fuel efficiency. Look for efficiency boosts on every line, since they haven't got anything tooling up that can change this outlook much in the next two years.

One reason Dodge will lose most of it's trucks in coming years. Well, that and the fact that they don't sell...

Jeff
Old 03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SpudRacer

OK, you've stated your opinion. You are one of many, each with their own opinion. Personally I disagree with you. There, now I've stated mine too.

Mileage may not mean much to you, but don't you dare speak for the rest of us. Why not start a poll to see how many of us care about mileage as the gas prices soar, you'll likely find yourself standing alone on your side of the fence.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

You're way off base Spud...if Wrangler owners REALLY cared about gas mileage and how we can preserve what GREEN is left, they would NEVER buy and install upwards of a thousand pounds or more of tyres, steel bumpers, skids, roof racks, wheels, etc....there you go pal...I dared and I did.

Quick Reply: Let's see...