Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

lemon law...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a long drawn out situation. It has taken me about a year and a half. Chrysler is replacing mine with a new one. Not a hard process just a long one. Check out Kahn and Associates. They will tell you if you have a case and do not get paid unless you get paid.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saltman
Follow the steps in the blue and white book they give you when you bought the truck. It is very clear cut if you have all the documentation. It is not difficult at all. Your issue significantly reduces the value of the vehicle because it will not pass inspections. Not to mention all the time you or the new user will loose dealing with their poor build quality. Typically, you have to give them one last attempt to fix it. If you run the numbers, it is going to be your advantage to take the buyback and purchase another vehicle. You will get the most money back and with the deals going on now you will get the most Jeep when you buy again.
Exactly what i was looking for....

So whats the main problem with executing the lemon law? Im ok with having to wait a bit, but why are the other downsides? At this point im just hoping for a buyback and then ill buy a rubicon when i can. the problem is what happens to all the stuff on my jeep now? i can take it off and put the stock wheels/tires on and take some of the stuff off. But since i have a exhaust they arent gonna try and claim the only reasons im having trouble is because of that will they?

Thanks for all the help guys this is great!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkdeuce
It is a long drawn out situation. It has taken me about a year and a half. Chrysler is replacing mine with a new one. Not a hard process just a long one. Check out Kahn and Associates. They will tell you if you have a case and do not get paid unless you get paid.

Good luck.
I found this khan website and they have an office here in jacksonville. My question is... Do they charge me or Chrysler? Im a college student and i do not work so i cant afford an attorney :P But i have been told that u can find some that work at the expense of chrysler.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Lemon Law is a PITA. My Jeep was a PITA when I first got it. It started with this ridiculous loud clunk that I searched forever, I eventually solved it by insulating the clutch line. Cured that problem. Then it was the dreaded leak. I read every single thread possible on leaks, I sil glyded the seals and put some 3m silicone sealant between the header seal and windshield, and now I could submerge it and no leaks. These things were built without quality control, however I think with this forum 95% of the problems could probably be fixed. Believe me, I feel your pain. I had dreams of ghost riding my rig off a cliff, It drove me insane. Looking back, by fixing everything myself and getting creative I learned a lot.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryanc
Lemon Law is a PITA. My Jeep was a PITA when I first got it. It started with this ridiculous loud clunk that I searched forever, I eventually solved it by insulating the clutch line. Cured that problem. Then it was the dreaded leak. I read every single thread possible on leaks, I sil glyded the seals and put some 3m silicone sealant between the header seal and windshield, and now I could submerge it and no leaks. These things were built without quality control, however I think with this forum 95% of the problems could probably be fixed. Believe me, I feel your pain. I had dreams of ghost riding my rig off a cliff, It drove me insane. Looking back, by fixing everything myself and getting creative I learned a lot.
You recommend against lemon law? I REALLY want to get rid of it. like you have no idea Im sooo sick of it. Im trying to find an attorney at this point.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by P Nasty
You recommend against lemon law? I REALLY want to get rid of it. like you have no idea Im sooo sick of it. Im trying to find an attorney at this point.
So even if they fix it, you still dont want it? I wish we could do that for everything. I have bought lots of stuff and realised I didnt need/want it, I didnt think I could just give it back. But then again I have personal responsibility with the stuff I buy.Oh and we dont have Lemon Law here in Canada.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
So even if they fix it, you still dont want it? I wish we could do that for everything. I have bought lots of stuff and realised I didnt need/want it, I didnt think I could just give it back. But then again I have personal responsibility with the stuff I buy.Oh and we dont have Lemon Law here in Canada.
well even if they fix this one problem i still have a list of others that they wont even admit to. Such as my clutch... Theres a tsb out on it but he said unless is squeels loud and noticeably 100% of the time they wont do anything. Its not that i dont want a jeep. I want a jeep. Im just sick of having endless problems. Im hoping with my next one i wont have so many problems...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by P Nasty
well even if they fix this one problem i still have a list of others that they wont even admit to. Such as my clutch... Theres a tsb out on it but he said unless is squeels loud and noticeably 100% of the time they wont do anything. Its not that i dont want a jeep. I want a jeep. Im just sick of having endless problems. Im hoping with my next one i wont have so many problems...

Fair enough.....well good luck either way
Old 01-19-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They will pay you for your aftermarket accessories you have a receipt for. They will pay to have them installed on your replacement vehicle if you go that route. Mine took about 3 months from final letter > final repair attempt > ISG > check in hand. You need accurate documentation.

I agree there was no quality control ( and still is with the 09s ). If the expectation was that the JK was like previous Jeeps you have owned, it is a severe let down. Nobody buys a new vehicle expecting to have to spend time taking it to the dealer whenever they can to fix QC related items and significant design flaws.

Last edited by saltman; 01-19-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saltman
They will pay you for your aftermarket accessories you have a receipt for. They will pay to have them installed on your replacement vehicle if you go that route. Mine took about 3 months from final letter > final repair attempt > ISG > check in hand. You need accurate documentation.

I agree there was no quality control ( and still is with the 09s ). If the expectation was that the JK was like previous Jeeps you have owned, it is a severe let down. Nobody buys a new vehicle expecting to have to spend time taking it to the dealer whenever they can to fix QC related items and significant design flaws.
Oh wow. That may make things easier... I was worried i would have to take it all off and find stock parts and then sell it all separate

Thats good to hear.

Quick Reply: lemon law...