Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

lemon law...

Old 01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lemon law...

Ok so i have had some posts before on troubles im having with my jk. I have had it to the dealer over 4 times now for the same issue and today my check engine light came back on YET AGAIN for the same problem...

This evap problem that seems to persist is not the only of my problems which is why i just want to cut my losses and get a new jeep. My question is, what are my chances of actually being able to get a new jeep? or reimbursement?

I do have aftermarket items on my jeep which is why im afraid to try, because i have lift/tires/wheels/bumper/gears etc. I can swap it all back out to stock almost, but will they blow off my case because of this?

Is my problem even serious enough to be looked at? Im having problems with my evap canister and leak. I keep getting the same two codes for over 2 weeks now and they just keep coming back. The other day the second i drove off the lot it poped back up and i had to turn around...No its not a problems that makes my jeep unsafe, but it is a problem that im sick of dealing with and i really do not want my jeep anymore. I want a new one or my money back to buy a new one.

So my questions are, can i do it? what do i do first? and is my cause worthy of pursuing? And where do i go for more and guidance on what to do next?

thanks guys.

Zack
Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they re-place the evap and all the hoses. I would try a different dealer before you lemon law it. From what I've read , people who have done it, it's a long drawn out process. Bet it's something simple causing it. My check engine light came on and I reset the computer and it went away.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Did they re-place the evap and all the hoses. I would try a different dealer before you lemon law it. From what I've read , people who have done it, it's a long drawn out process. Bet it's something simple causing it. My check engine light came on and I reset the computer and it went away.
well the thing is i want to lemon law it out. I dont want it anymore :P I want a jeep but this one has given me nothing but problems.

So far they have replaced the sensor, the gas cap, reflashed my computer thing, and then they did a smoke test and all...still nothing. Ive used 3 tanks of gas running into the next city over to get it to a dealer that is worth it and they cant seem to fix it. Last time i left i asked him what they would do if its not fixed and he said he has no idea what else to do...

I just want my money back or a new jeep. Aside from all the problems i keep having. I dont want a lift anymore. I dont want big tires, i dont want a 6spd and i dont want a soft top. My soft top seals have been replaced twice and still leak, i have a squeeky cluth but they claim to not hear it so they wont warranty it even though it has a TSB out...Im just sick of it, i want to get rid of it and i want a new stock rubicon and im not gonna touch it. completely stock.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Jeez, sorry to hear that. I can't remember where , but they had a guy on here that lemon lawed his. JK Talk threads maybe and Anything and Everything.Maybe try a search on those threads.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Oh, sorry this is jk talk
Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Jeez, sorry to hear that. I can't remember where , but they had a guy on here that lemon lawed his. JK Talk threads maybe and Anything and Everything.Maybe try a search on those threads.
i read his before i posted this :P I have actually already spoken to him.
He actually had the same EXACT problem i am having. In the end they were able to fix his instead of having to issue him a new car or something like that, but he wanted to keep his jeep he just wanted it fixed. I dont even want to bother. I want my money back or a new jeep in its place that i can just leave stock and not touch at all in hopes that i wont have any problems in the future. I just am not sure what exactly to do at this point :P
Old 01-18-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P Nasty. I feel your pain. Hang in there bro.!!! This happened to me with my Commander - on the 14th triip back to the dealer (yes - 14) all my problems went away. It might take several more trips but the frustration will eventually end.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

May be if you just keep bring it back everyday, they'll get sick of you and give you a new one. Tell them you want to talk to their District Supervisor cause you would hate to have lemon law it. Maybe google your state lemon law and get some details on it.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It usually takes along time and it's very difficult to get a new vehicle.

Alot of time the dealer would prefer you get a lawyer. Once your case is filed the dealer doesn't have to deal with you. The manufacture has to take care of it.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Follow the steps in the blue and white book they give you when you bought the truck. It is very clear cut if you have all the documentation. It is not difficult at all. Your issue significantly reduces the value of the vehicle because it will not pass inspections. Not to mention all the time you or the new user will loose dealing with their poor build quality. Typically, you have to give them one last attempt to fix it. If you run the numbers, it is going to be your advantage to take the buyback and purchase another vehicle. You will get the most money back and with the deals going on now you will get the most Jeep when you buy again.

Quick Reply: lemon law...