Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Leather Seats in the new JK (pics)

Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Leather Seats in the new JK (pics)

Hadn't seen this discussed before unless I missed it so I thought I'd share... Jeep dealership was closed Sunday but I dropped in while I was in the area to get an in person view of the various colors without being bothered. Anyway, I was surprised to see a JK sitting there with a dealer added "OEM Jeep Leather" option in the Khaki interior color. I've never seen it before and I couldn't get inside to see if they were leather covers or completely different seats.

Anyone know anything about this? Other than "wranglers shouldn't have this, etc" Dealer showed it as a $1695 option.

Excuse the glare in these shots - I snapped these terrible resolution photos with the phone's camera. --- ah resizing them now, 1 sec...

-Matt
Former 77 CJ-7 Levi Renegade owner, 86 CJ-7 Renegade, and former 92 Wrangler owner - looking to get back into a wrangler again finally.

Last edited by mtracey512; 01-29-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

So wheres the pics
Old 01-29-2007, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default Photos

Ok just had to resize them... Here is a photo of the sticker and of the leather seats shot through the glass (pardon the glare, its the best I could do).

Edit - just added a 3rd photo which has a ton of glare but if you zoom in you can make out the stitching pattern on the seat bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00049.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00050.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	627   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00053.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	628  

Last edited by mtracey512; 01-29-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Should be up now, I had to resize them before uploading.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looks good but impractical

They look good, like a factory job. I am willing to bet a local upholstery shop did the seats. I doubt they are covers for $1,695. I will probably stick with Wet Okle neoprene ones because leather is so impractical in an open vehicle.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

That hand written sticker should have tipped you off. That is not a factory option, but if it's your thing then go for it. There are already a few people with JK's here that will see little more than a dirt road, so why not leather seats.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Interesting, thanks. I agree, I'm a fan of the Wet Okle's too.

Originally Posted by armycop
They look good, like a factory job. I am willing to bet a local upholstery shop did the seats. I doubt they are covers for $1,695. I will probably stick with Wet Okle neoprene ones because leather is so impractical in an open vehicle.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Newbie

I wasn't sure (still not) if it was a totally custom job or something like a dealer addon with genuine mopar parts. I'll pass on the leather in the wrangler but I was surprised to see it so I wanted to post pics for feedback. I'll just be excited with the overhead light on the rollbar and not having to get out of the jeep to lock the hubs like the old days

Originally Posted by jeepingib
That hand written sticker should have tipped you off. That is not a factory option, but if it's your thing then go for it. There are already a few people with JK's here that will see little more than a dirt road, so why not leather seats.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

It looks good, but not very exciting--kind of plain. I like the two-tone leather I had in my TJ Sahara better with the embroidered Sahara logos on the seatbacks. My local dealer had a company called Classic Soft Trim do the leather in their Jeeps. I'm not sure if they're national or not.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I wonder if DC will try and profit from this idea

I wonder if the idea has been kicking around in the DC boardrooms where they make the decisions..... With 4-doors, 2wd model available, better stereos with Navigation and power locks, the Wrangler "Luxury" edition is probably unavoidable. I see chrome wheels, leather interior and the fake MOPAR wood making some "Special Edition" package.

Quick Reply: Leather Seats in the new JK (pics)