Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

At least Jeep Wasn't One of the Worst Vehicles EVER

Old 03-18-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the other hand the model T takes a bashing. The author bashes the "crude" components. Although he doesnt slam it for lack of cup holders & airbags. I believe it was built with techniques common to the day, with the exception of assembly line. Let's not forget it's competing against horse drawn carriage. Since I can barely afford a modern hand built bumper, I am grateful for the assembly line auto. In a true testament to physics, the model t boasted gas mileage of 14 to 21 mpg. Proving that all the computers in the world can't burn fuel efficinetly enough to offset the additional weight of our modern vehicles.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
On the other hand the model T takes a bashing. The author bashes the "crude" components. Although he doesnt slam it for lack of cup holders & airbags. I believe it was built with techniques common to the day, with the exception of assembly line. Let's not forget it's competing against horse drawn carriage. Since I can barely afford a modern hand built bumper, I am grateful for the assembly line auto. In a true testament to physics, the model t boasted gas mileage of 14 to 21 mpg. Proving that all the computers in the world can't burn fuel efficinetly enough to offset the additional weight of our modern vehicles.

I noticed that as well. This guy lost what little credibility I was giving him when I read the bashing he gave the Model T. Some of the cars he mentioned, fine, I can agree... barely. But what he said about the model T is just plan stupid. To put it in short, he blames the model T for making the car industry what it is now and the reason everyone is driving around gas guzzlers and burning the atmosphere up. Oh and how it began the first steps in mass production assembly lines.

The jack ass is such a hypocrite. He blames SUVs for their high fuel consumption but yet blames low end sports cars for not having enough power? WTF? A high end sports car gets the same if not WORSE gas mileage then an SUV. Ugh, he's probably another radical nut job with a PHD in Bitching.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

The thing is written like it should be taken as true......

It is just a lefties opinion......

Read any of the reviews from 2003 (when it was new).

This one is from this year.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/roadtests...ear/index.html
Old 03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

the guy's a hippie that hate's SUVs. Crybabies like him are a dime a dozen. Let him get wrapped around a telephone pole in his prius so he can complain about the utility workers who put the poles too close to the road... if he lives to cry about it that is. Some of the reviews were fun to read, but it seems like toward the end he just needed filler to get to 50 so he decided to use his reviews as a personal soap box. I do agree with what he said about the Aztek though. Ugliest. SUV. Ever.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Whoever wrote that was a jackass.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Don't knock it till you try it

Before I say this, Let me say that I just got an X unlimited and am happily outfitting it with all my old stuff and some new stuff . BUT, I previously owned 2 H2's back to back (no bling). I wilderness camped and offroaded them in all sorts of terrain. To those fools who bash Hummers I say that you've never driven one for more than a few miles and I'm sadly disgusted with your granola crunching ignorance. We who actually participate in the outdoors as our main passion/activity are for the most part infinately more dedicated to being custodians of our wilderness than any politico that I've ever met. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Last edited by Bruce K; 03-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bruce K
Before I say this, Let me say that I just got an X unlimited and am happily outfitting it with all my old stuff and some new stuff . BUT, I previously owned 2 H2's back to back (no bling). I wilderness camped and offroaded them in all sorts of terrain. To those fools who bash Hummers I say that you've never driven one for more than a few miles and I'm sadly disgusted with your granola crunching ignorance. We who actually participate in the outdoors as our main passion/activity are for the most part infinately more dedicated to being custodians of our wilderness than any politico that I've ever met. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.
I don't like the blind spots they have or the turn radius or the width or the fact that the are made by gm. Of course I don't like jeep belonging to crappler either.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Ah yes, Time and CNN... More liberal, freedom-bashing trash.

See what they wrote about the Model T and you get the gist of the entire article.

No Credibility, a waste of energy.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I imagine those ass clowns would have driven a toyota instead of a T-Model.

Quick Reply: At least Jeep Wasn't One of the Worst Vehicles EVER