Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

At least Jeep Wasn't One of the Worst Vehicles EVER

Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default At least Jeep Wasn't One of the Worst Vehicles EVER

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...658542,00.html

2002 Hummer H2 was voted one of the top 50 worst vehicles EVER

Here is what was said
"One struggles to think of a worse vehicle at a worse time. Introduced shortly after 9/11 — an event whose causes were tangled in America's unquenchable thirst for oil — the Hummer H2 sent all the wrong signals. It was/is arrogantly huge, overtly militaristic, openly scornful of the common good. As a vehicle choice, the H2 was a spiteful reactionary riposte to notions that, you know, maybe we all shouldn't be driving tanks that get 10 miles per gallon. Not surprisingly, the green-niks struck back. A Hummer dealership was torched in Southern California. The H2 was also a PR catastrophe for GM, who happened to be repossessing and crushing the few EV1 electric cars at the time. It all contributed to GM's emerging image as the Dick Cheney of car companies."

Last edited by bodybrdng; 03-10-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<----- wonders if there will be 5 other new threads created about this new thread too
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

that is gold
Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shell
<----- wonders if there will be 5 other new threads created about this new thread too
Probabley will
Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by terrahawk
I remember that. Yeah, let's show how much we love the environment by blowing up a bunch of vehicles and watch all the plastic and rubber burn. then we'll go burn down a ski lodge andf maybe for shits and grins poison a lake.
The only word that I can think of to describe people like that is idiots. That said I found the review to be pretty distasteful. Even though I don't like Hummers the author of the review and for that matter Time lost all credibility as a objective source.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tgrt
The only word that I can think of to describe people like that is idiots. That said I found the review to be pretty distasteful. Even though I don't like Hummers the author of the review and for that matter Time lost all credibility as a objective source.
Have to agree with you... blaming 9/11 on America's thirst for oil is just awful.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
I took the whole thing as a humor and opinion piece. The author identified some of the vehicles as valuable for some traits and horrible for others, as well as clearly identifying his biases and the source for them.

The writing was absolutely priceless though, with gems like the one about more electrical shorts than a mixing board with bong water on it. How anybody would look at a phrase like that and be worried about credibility, I'm not quite sure.

I sent it to a friend who has owned at least 10 of the named cars and got a passionate defense of each back - but at least he had a sense of humor about it!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

As for those dopes who burned it to the ground, what did they use for a getaway vehicle? A bicycle? I bet they didn't.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by terrahawk
... then we'll go burn down a ski lodge....
HA! I remember that. I lived in Colorado when that happened and I dressed up as a guy that burned down the Vail ski lodge for Halloween. Got a lot of laughs.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

The list looks pretty on point. A lot of WTF ideas on that list.

Quick Reply: At least Jeep Wasn't One of the Worst Vehicles EVER