Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Last 3.8

Old 05-27-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last 3.8

Kind of interesting read.
http://www.allpar.com/corporate/trenton-engine.html
Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Arrow Repost

Kinda sad when you think about its history.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ton-Plant-Line.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question, I have the lifetime warranty, let's say she gives up the ghost in 10 years. Would they replace my 3.8 with another or plop in what's rolling off the factory line at the time?

What ford is able to accomplish with the new 5.0, not surprised this dated motor is being discontinued. As much as people dislike change discontinuing this motor will promote development.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stockrubi
Question, I have the lifetime warranty, let's say she gives up the ghost in 10 years. Would they replace my 3.8 with another or plop in what's rolling off the factory line at the time?

What ford is able to accomplish with the new 5.0, not surprised this dated motor is being discontinued. As much as people dislike change discontinuing this motor will promote development.
They still rebuild engines from the 60's don't they? Not sarcastic, I just don't know but think they do. Shoot, there are places you can buy every part you would need to make a new CJ from the ground up.

Quick Reply: Last 3.8