Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lange Originals??? Are they DEAD??

Old 09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lange Originals??? Are they DEAD??

Has anyone EVER got an email response from these guys???

I ordered some Quick Mirror II's for my '08 JK and did not get any rubber gaskets to go between the brackets and the Jeep's paint -- 3 TIMES -- 3 TIMES -- 3 TIMES -- with WEEKS in between, I sent them an email asking if they had any -- and if so, could they send me some -- NOTHING -- NOTHING -- NOTHING all three times -- they can't even type a word back?? What gives???
Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Not being a smart ass, have you tried calling??? Toll Free: 1-***-***-****

Last edited by Robar; 09-27-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST NON SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION
Old 09-26-2008, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not to be a smart ass but I didn't want to wake anyone there by having their phone ring!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those are the mirrors I want. I know it sucks but just go to the hardware store and pick up some gasket material or wally world and pick up a bike innertube and rock out those things until you get the from Lange. That's what I would do.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Just call them, I fubared my hoist and needed two J hooks, they sent replacements asap.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send them back , I hate mine, it has the shakes and whistles, $60 POS.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have one and am not particularly fond of it. Here's the thread I generated when I received mine - without a rubber gasket as well. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/lange-quick-mirror-ii-question-40905/ I made one from an old bicycle tube.

NOTE TO VENDORS: If you provide an email address for support, then monitor it and respond! You only piss customers off by putting a support email address on your website and not checking it! Don't want to provide email support? That's fine, don't advertise such.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I should also add that I find it impossible to tighten the knob enough that it won't rotate out of position in the wind. The only way I could get it stable was to install it so the mirror post is against of the screws which functions as a stop.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

I have to admit I have only had it on a couple times - but I didn't have any problems with the mirror or mount. I didn't even realize it was supposed to come with a gasket - but I see where it would make sense. I ran out and got a couple rubber washers to place between the plate and the metal. I can see where the price might be considered a little high for what you get - but for me it seemed like a good option.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deadspot
I didn't even realize it was supposed to come with a gasket - but I see where it would make sense. I ran out and got a couple rubber washers to place between the plate and the metal. I can see where the price might be considered a little high for what you get - but for me it seemed like a good option.
Well, to be honest I'm not exactly sure it comes with a gasket, it just seems like it should.

I did put a rubber washer between the plate and the mirror base and that has stopped it from moving out of position in the breeze.

Quick Reply: Lange Originals??? Are they DEAD??