Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lame customer service from Rigid Industries?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lame customer service from Rigid Industries?

Has anyone else here experienced crummy customer service from Rigid Industries?
I bought a SR 6" last year, after I installed it, which was fairly easy, everything was working great.
But soon, the led built in to the supplied toggle switch quit working. I let it slide a little while, but then I forgot and left it on overnight a few times, and a couple more the neighbors alerted me to it being left on. So, just this last fall, I called Rigid and spoke with CS, they assured me they would send one out to me. It never arrived.
I was going through a move at the end of the year, and am trying to get them to do what they promised originally, but have gotten a run around of, not a customer service thing, it's a tech support thing, then tech support doesn't return a call when I left a message.
I've always thought they were a stand up company, has anyone else experienced this with them?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Yup, same here. I contacted them over a year ago about an LED that turned black (not burnt out just black). My first attempt I didn't hear back from them. Second attempt (1month later), I received a vague response saying they'd fix it but didn't provide me with details. My third attempt, I asked for company procedure in order to get this light in and have it repaired but I never heard back from them. I kind of got lazy from there and never bothered trying again. The product is outstanding and after converting all my lighting to Rigid's LED's and spending over $2500 on lights I'd expect otherwise.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dman1116
Has anyone else here experienced crummy customer service from Rigid Industries?
I bought a SR 6" last year, after I installed it, which was fairly easy, everything was working great.
But soon, the led built in to the supplied toggle switch quit working. I let it slide a little while, but then I forgot and left it on overnight a few times, and a couple more the neighbors alerted me to it being left on. So, just this last fall, I called Rigid and spoke with CS, they assured me they would send one out to me. It never arrived.
I was going through a move at the end of the year, and am trying to get them to do what they promised originally, but have gotten a run around of, not a customer service thing, it's a tech support thing, then tech support doesn't return a call when I left a message.
I've always thought they were a stand up company, has anyone else experienced this with them?
Hold on I might be missing something , the led on the toggle switch went out and because of that you didn't notice that you left your bright led lights on over night . The cheap chinese switch that comes with the lights is nothing special unlike their actual product

Ok if it was the toggle switch led that went out why didnt you just go to a auto store and buy a new switch you could even buy one with a different color led in it and it would have cost you about 5 bucks I don't ever use the switch that comes with any product I buy because 99% it is a really really cheap switch

And I have had warranty work done by rigid and they was great all around about it
Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MFX
Yup, same here. I contacted them over a year ago about an LED that turned black (not burnt out just black). My first attempt I didn't hear back from them. Second attempt (1month later), I received a vague response saying they'd fix it but didn't provide me with details. My third attempt, I asked for company procedure in order to get this light in and have it repaired but I never heard back from them. I kind of got lazy from there and never bothered trying again. The product is outstanding and after converting all my lighting to Rigid's LED's and spending over $2500 on lights I'd expect otherwise.
You have a real issue get back on them to fix it and don't stop until you get it fixed
Old 01-19-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Hold on I might be missing something , the led on the toggle switch went out and because of that you didn't notice that you left your bright led lights on over night . The cheap chinese switch that comes with the lights is nothing special unlike their actual product

Ok if it was the toggle switch led that went out why didnt you just go to a auto store and buy a new switch you could even buy one with a different color led in it and it would have cost you about 5 bucks I don't ever use the switch that comes with any product I buy because 99% it is a really really cheap switch

And I have had warranty work done by rigid and they was great all around about it
So because I chose to use the switch they supplied, which I drilled a hole to fit in my dash makes me wrong?
I'm not blaming them for my ONE led light being left on, just saying I didn't notice the light on because it was in an apartment parking lot and the switch light wasn't on.
I check almost always now.
But I don't think it's too much to ask for them to do what they told me?

From the wolf den...
Old 01-19-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

So because I chose to use the switch they supplied, which I drilled a hole to fit in my dash makes me wrong?
I'm not blaming them for my ONE led light being left on, just saying I didn't notice the light on because it was in an apartment parking lot and the switch light wasn't on.
I check almost always now.
But I don't think it's too much to ask for them to do what they told me?

From the wolf den...
I understand you used their switch , I was saying you can buy a better switch with just few more dollars then the crappy switch they send it kits

What I don't understand is why you didn't take the switch out and just go to a auto store to get a new one
Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will do that because I don't expect I'll hear back from them. More of a principle thing, ya know? I already paid a nice price for a complete setup, don't feel like I should have to spend more because their stuff doesn't work.

From the wolf den...
Old 01-19-2014, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

I will do that because I don't expect I'll hear back from them. More of a principle thing, ya know? I already paid a nice price for a complete setup, don't feel like I should have to spend more because their stuff doesn't work.

From the wolf den...
I understand the principle thing , but those switches you get with a kit almost always suck some way or another
Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I understand the principle thing , but those switches you get with a kit almost always suck some way or another
Not to mention, I've been to OReilly and Autozone just today with no luck....

From the wolf den...
Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

From the wolf den...
Agree...if you pay a arm and a leg for rigid setup there shit should work and if not replace ASAP.......I hate poor customer service.

Quick Reply: Lame customer service from Rigid Industries?