Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

KM2 VS Kevlar

Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi
Summer of 2008 until about end of 2009.
The reason I ask, is that the MTR/K did not come out until the begining of 2009 (Feb or so?, but there may have been some that leaked out for testing before that.)
I have seen some people on her bash them because they had the old MTR like 3-4 years ago, and I agree, they sucked, but the MTR/K is a whole different animal.
you comment about the sidewall being weak made me think that maybe you had the old style MTR?
just wanting to clarify, not trying to bash or anything
Old 07-05-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myklt8
The reason I ask, is that the MTR/K did not come out until the begining of 2009 (Feb or so?, but there may have been some that leaked out for testing before that.)
I have seen some people on her bash them because they had the old MTR like 3-4 years ago, and I agree, they sucked, but the MTR/K is a whole different animal.
you comment about the sidewall being weak made me think that maybe you had the old style MTR?
just wanting to clarify, not trying to bash or anything
Hmmm, I was pretty sure that I had MTR/K's from back in 08 (latter half anyway). Well for sure the second set were kevlar's, I know that I had to replace 4 by spring/summer of 09---all with sidewall splits, and by end of year I got rid of them because of splits and tears. The second set of MTR
s lasted longer, but still got cut/split. We wondered about a bad batches, because we hear good things about these tires. Each time we were on trails like Nugget Hill, or Castle gulch, Wheeler, or Holy Cross, where there are a lot of boulder, rock outcroppings was when there was trouble. Nugget was the worst. It eats tires.

I split one of my 41" IROK' on nugget. I drove from the shop to the trail, up the trail, split the tire side wall, that tire last all of 10 miles. So it really could be I was just on nasty trails.

Last edited by LeftHandRubi; 07-05-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an early set too
I do have a little funky thing going on with the lugs on 2 of mine, almost like they were poured in seperate batches, the lugs are seperating at the layers...I need to take pics and post them
Tires have been great, and I know several who have run them with no sidewall issues...but we have different kinds of rocks here.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KM2s won't let you down. Great tire overall and super solid on the trail. Only complaint from most is they suck on the ice or slippery roads---more than most! I love mine and would get another set.

Quick Reply: KM2 VS Kevlar