Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

kind of wish i got a 2door

Old 05-24-2012, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If only we were all rich enough for both.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by trmason
I love the IDEA of a JKU but have a 2dr and wouldn't want it any other way... I love my Jeep!

Although, I have been trying to talk the wife into trading her cushy Commander in for a JKU. I'd add the third row so we could all go wheeling - we have 4 kids! The only hang up is that she loves her Hemi and the comforts of the Commander... maybe I'll just build that rig up!
Build up the commander... A wheeling buddy has a bad ass commander and it's awesome... he does break his Front Independent Suspension alot though but wheels it hard (Really Hard). (he has spares now)
a few mellow pics of him...

back to the topic

OP if you really want the 2DR and can afford the change go for it!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
Build up the commander... A wheeling buddy has a bad ass commander and it's awesome... he does break his Front Independent Suspension alot though but wheels it hard (Really Hard). (he has spares now)
a few mellow pics of him...

back to the topic

OP if you really want the 2DR and can afford the change go for it!

That's a pretty sweet rig!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have any kids a small dog & like to go camping. I wouldn't get a 2 door I love my JKU. The room to put everything in the back is amazing. I have the entire jeep loaded up with wood right now & will just barely have the room for the rest of my shit. & I think the longer wheel base & lifted just looks mean. That being said eventually ill buy a cj7 or something & make it into a badass crawler
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
is it just me, or everytime i go wheeling i kind of wish i got a 2door. there are obstacles i see stock 2dr jk's clear so effortlessly while im banging and scraping.

wish i had the money to buy a 2dr and swap my parts over
I'll meet an swap keys anytime. I even have most of spare parts laying around we could swap out. Just let me know when an where. 4 door is where its at. I just wasnt thinking when i bought my 2 dr. It Looked good an was about 3 Thousand less than what it should have been so i bought it.

I WANT A 4 DOOR
Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

No wife (yet) and no kids (yet). But I got a JKU. Eventually I'm sure I will have a family, and there's no way a 2 door would work for me in that situation.

Also, I need a spot for my gear. The 2 door simply has no space. I always loved Jeeps, but always knew I would never be able to live with one... until the JKU came out.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09blacknwhite
I'll meet an swap keys anytime. I even have most of spare parts laying around we could swap out. Just let me know when an where. 4 door is where its at. I just wasnt thinking when i bought my 2 dr. It Looked good an was about 3 Thousand less than what it should have been so i bought it.

I WANT A 4 DOOR
ah problem is i still have a lein on mine. im not sure how it would work out honestly. would i have to go to a jeep dealer and rework the loan out?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

eventually i plan to make the jeep into a strict trail vehicle and to tow it. so thats why i want to just get a 2dr
If playing only, then 2 door all the way for sure. I'm not a rock crawler, more of an expeditionary. I like the look, and simplicity of the 2 doors, and wish they still made the extended 2 door (TJ unlimited).
Old 05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I often wish I had gone with a JKU.

I love the classic look of the JK and most days, it's perfect. When my daughter comes along she climbs into the back through the front seats and she has commented on wanting windows that open.. Storage is near non-existent if the back seat is in and most days it is.

The longer wheel base of the JKU gives it an off-road advantage, but like the OP I am in NY and most of my off-road excursion are on the beach so that advantage is lost. I have grown to like the looks of the JKU and the extra space would be welcome.
yes next time im down on the island we should hit up smith point....with fellow jeepers!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

ah problem is i still have a lein on mine. im not sure how it would work out honestly. would i have to go to a jeep dealer and rework the loan out?
Yeah, if they're not paid off, then technically you don't own it and can't trade. It would be a good question for the bank if neither is paid off, or one is and the other isn't. I'm sure they'd love transferring titles and giving both of you a service charge though lol.

Quick Reply: kind of wish i got a 2door