Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

kind of wish i got a 2door

Old 05-22-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly!!!!

Originally Posted by MikekiM
I often wish I had gone with a JKU.

I love the classic look of the JK and most days, it's perfect. When my daughter comes along she climbs into the back through the front seats and she has commented on wanting windows that open.. Storage is near non-existent if the back seat is in and most days it is.

The longer wheel base of the JKU gives it an off-road advantage, but like the OP I am in NY and most of my off-road excursion are on the beach so that advantage is lost. I have grown to like the looks of the JKU and the extra space would be welcome.
Originally Posted by bigred09
I traded my 4 door for a 2 door last month, so far so good. I have two kids 6 and 9, not too big of a deal getting them in the backseat. I think the 2 door stays closer to the Jeep's roots, I hate the way all auto manufacturers are pussing 4 doors on everything. That being said, I loved my 4 door but wanted a change. To each his own!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I had a 4dr., but now I have a 2dr. Overall I like my 2dr. best, because it feels more like a classic Jeep, and I've been driving Wrangler's for almost 20 years, so the 4dr. just felt "different" to me. I felt like I was driving a small SUV, rather than a Jeep. But it really grew on me, and having one of the first 4dr's in my town was kind of cool. But now they're a dime a dozen, and I enjoy having the more rare 2dr JK. I do miss having back windows that open though, and I miss the extra cargo space. When I pack for a trip now, I definitely only take the essentials. As far as seating, well I ran the 4dr and my 2dr without back seats. Off-road I do prefer my 2dr. The shorter wheelbase helps it clear things and it's a bit easier to manuever. But the 4dr. does give a bit more sense of stability. All that said, I probably would still have my 4dr, but it had some issues, so I sold it. But now that I'm in a 2-dr., I'm happy it worked out the way it did.

To the OP, life is too short to be unhappy. If the 4dr isn't doing it for you, they hold their value very well, so you can probably get out of it pretty easily and into a new 2dr. Of course you'll lose the sales tax and license fees, but sometimes you just have to accept that you made a mistake and move on. But really, any JK is awesome in my opinion, so maybe you can learn to love it. If you're getting hung up, maybe you just need a bigger lift, bigger tires, and a few more mods!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Having owned XJ's with both two and four doors, I'm glad I got the JKU. It makes things easier, especially with kids/pets/etc.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from a two door to a four door. No regrets at all. The ride is nicer, more stable offroad and tons of room. I typically wheel with tj's and yj's. No problems.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

For me personally, I'm 21 and don't have the kids to deal with. I love my 2 dr, I think it feels more like a jeep than an suv. Now if I had a family or had to carry around a bunch of stuff then I would probably go with the 4 dr. I test drove probably about 14 jeeps (new and used, 2 dr and 4 dr) before I found the one I bought. And I'm glad I was that picky, I'd hate to be spending all this money (price of jeep + parts being ordered) and not be 100% happy! So do what will make you happy.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Problem is i dont have my stock parts anymore to swap back. When i first purchased mu jk i had no plans to modify or wheel it. Had i known better i would be in a 2dr
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love the IDEA of a JKU but have a 2dr and wouldn't want it any other way... I love my Jeep!

Although, I have been trying to talk the wife into trading her cushy Commander in for a JKU. I'd add the third row so we could all go wheeling - we have 4 kids! The only hang up is that she loves her Hemi and the comforts of the Commander... maybe I'll just build that rig up!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 AM
JK Newbie

JKU or walk! I'll never go back to the 2dr unless I build a project tj. Still love you guys tho!!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 AM
LSM
JK Newbie

I had a two door and just recently got a 4 door and I love it. It has so much room and rides so much better than the 2 door.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 3 year old daughter just shimmy's right up and in! I dont even have to help her. But their are times when a four door would be nice!

Quick Reply: kind of wish i got a 2door