Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

kind of wish i got a 2door

Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli
As was stated prior, if only for playing and had a second vehicle, then 2 door would be nice, but even some camping trips I have taken Lady and I plus dog and gear it would be very crowded in 2door.
eventually i plan to make the jeep into a strict trail vehicle and to tow it. so thats why i want to just get a 2dr
Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm very happy with my JKU, would not consider the 2 dr.

1. 2 kids, 1 and 3 yo
2. Need more cargo space for hauling stuff at work
3. Like that it won't roll as easy as the 2 dr
4. Can throw an air mattress in and sleep in it
5. Can have adult passengers

Maybe someday when the kids are grown and if I don't need the space for work, I might consider a 2 door. Not an option now though, 2 dr is just too small.

If you really want the 2 dr, TRADE IT IN! Find a dealer that has one similar to yours in mileage. I'm sure they would love to make a deal. More people want the 4 door, easier for them to sell.

Last edited by suicideking; 05-21-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
I do understand that the 4dr has its advantages. Just not around me since im located on the east coast where its mostly glacial deposit and forest. Im 22 with no kids or a wife and dont drive during the week... Shoulda bought a 2dr. Doh...
Im a big fan of owning multiple jeeps..just saying.. pay it off as fast as you can and get another.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:30 PM
JK Freak

I have a 2 door and love it but I have a really bad feeling that some day I am going to take my daughter camping and she is going to want to take a friend and a dog and I am going to want to take some one and all the gear and then I am going to say "Damn this would be easier with a 4 door" Hell taking my friend and his 15 year old son on an after noon trip can be tight.

Yet I would not trade mine for anything

Hope you find peace with your JK
Old 05-22-2012, 12:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not married, No kids, Love my 2Dr. I can say from experience tho, it is a PITA getting a car seat into the back with the hard top on(babysat a friends kid). Other than that Ive never really needed it other than the occational friend climbing back there.

Did just talk the GF into a new grand cherokee so wont have any trouble with kids(if any) down the road. A 4Dr would be option 2 for her.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love my two door and right now my kid is small enough that she fits comfortably in it and loves being in it with the top off.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by suicideking

If you really want the 2 dr, TRADE IT IN! Find a dealer that has one similar to yours in mileage. I'm sure they would love to make a deal. More people want the 4 door, easier for them to sell.
problem is i dont have my stock parts to swap over. And i would want a 2010
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
There is no perfect size. Some areas are better suited to a shorter rig and other places are more fun with a long wheel base (Moab for example). Where I wheel in the tight PNW, 4drs have become known as Trail Cows.
Moo.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I often wish I had gone with a JKU.

I love the classic look of the JK and most days, it's perfect. When my daughter comes along she climbs into the back through the front seats and she has commented on wanting windows that open.. Storage is near non-existent if the back seat is in and most days it is.

The longer wheel base of the JKU gives it an off-road advantage, but like the OP I am in NY and most of my off-road excursion are on the beach so that advantage is lost. I have grown to like the looks of the JKU and the extra space would be welcome.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

I traded my 4 door for a 2 door last month, so far so good. I have two kids 6 and 9, not too big of a deal getting them in the backseat. I think the 2 door stays closer to the Jeep's roots, I hate the way all auto manufacturers are pussing 4 doors on everything. That being said, I loved my 4 door but wanted a change. To each his own!

Quick Reply: kind of wish i got a 2door