Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

kind of wish i got a 2door

Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree. I have two girls 5 & 9 and have no problem with my girls. Can it be small, yeah but not as far as comfort and leg room goes. As far as purchasing anything big, yeah its tight but so would an unlimited with kids in it. Also, we have a pathfinder if we need groceries etc.

Originally Posted by afpilot82
x2
There are only a few times I've wished I had a 2 door...with 2 kids now, the 4 door is the only way to go.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think both the 4 door and the 2 door are great for their own reasons. I got a two door myself. All the doors are just a lot of work since I like to take the doors off frequently.

Also, just my wife and me. No children. I'll likely only have the backseat in on rare occasions. Never used the backseat much on any of my Jeeps.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
I do understand that the 4dr has its advantages. Just not around me since im located on the east coast where its mostly glacial deposit and forest. Im 22 with no kids or a wife and dont drive during the week... Shoulda bought a 2dr. Doh...
Get married and start cramming out kids...no jku is complete without a lot of broken happy meal toys...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Kids are grown up and drive themselves now. All things considered, the two door is great for me, the wife and the dog in the back (seats have been out since day one). I suppose it depends somewhat on what satge of life you are at. if I still had to cart three kids and two dogs around, plus all the camping gear, then I'd probably have gone with the 4 door for practical purposes.

To me vehicles are a bit like houses - your needs change over time. While I like to look of the 2 door more, that's just my opinion. Both versions are still the best 4wd out there.

Get what works for you and enjoy.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

all this kid talk makes me want to get rid of my 4 door even more. who wants to trade?!?!

has to be stick and cant be red or orange...and i need to swap my parts over
Old 05-21-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd love to trade my 2011, unfortunately mines an auto though. I wish i would of held out a little longer to get a 4 door, but i'll keep this one for about 2 years and trade for a 4 door.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
all this kid talk makes me want to get rid of my 4 door even more.
Haha. My buddy sold their JKU and his wife was so pissed! She loved that kid-hauler because the height made it really easy to load kids into the carseats. The BMW sedan they got after they was significantly more difficult.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

As was stated prior, if only for playing and had a second vehicle, then 2 door would be nice, but even some camping trips I have taken Lady and I plus dog and gear it would be very crowded in 2door.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BarRegular
I disagree. I have two girls 5 & 9 and have no problem with my girls. Can it be small, yeah but not as far as comfort and leg room goes. As far as purchasing anything big, yeah its tight but so would an unlimited with kids in it. Also, we have a pathfinder if we need groceries etc.
Mine are 5 & 2...dealing with car seats in a lifted 2 door would drive the wife crazy. Would def be easier once they're older and can just jump in.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

maybe i'll just bob my 4door

Quick Reply: kind of wish i got a 2door