Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Keys

Old 12-20-2008, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I keep my key on a ring by itself with a quick disconnect to another ring that has all my other keys. been doing it that way since I was 16. I cant stand having a bulky keychain either.
x2
Old 12-21-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have mine on a ring with my 2 house keys. Not *too* bulky but these are the 3 I always need. I have a big wad of keys for work, but they normally live in the console.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I carry a laptop for work I always throw them in a one of the side pockets of my laptop bag.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Mines on a ring with a few other keys, and then I use a carrabeaner so I can clip it to my pants, or where-ever.
Originally Posted by woody_k
Don't know if this is the correct spelling but I believe it's called a carabiner. I had quite a few of them in the past but never used one as you do.
However it's spelled, I have been using one for years. I use to use the not climbing ones, but about a year ago I got one that is made for climbing is quite heavy duty. I like it. It gets the job done and I can use it for other purposes if need be.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Found this ring in the tool box, not sure what I ever got it for but it works great for the keys.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

JK key, house key, shed key, garage key and Tuffy console key on the same ring the JK came on. Four work keys on a second ring that gtes left at home when I'm not at work. Never had a problem with keys in the jeans pocket, along with a pen, knife, lip balm, nail clippers, 2 GB USB key, bills, coins and wallet.

But I'm tempted to toss it all in for a RFID chip in my forearm, if I can find the right system.

Jeff
Old 12-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Mines on a ring with a few other keys, and then I use a carrabeaner so I can clip it to my pants, or where-ever.

Crazy but true story:
I also used to keep the Jeep keys on a carabiner. One day we were bouncing around and the carabiner looped over the cruise control lever. I was going pretty fast and had to turn a corner quick. Since the cruise control lever turns with the steering wheel but the ignition cylinder stays in the same spot the key snapped off in the ignition. It all happened in about a second and it took me a minute to figure out exactly what happened. Had to call a locksmith to remove the broken off key because there was nothing to grab to pull it out.

Moral of the story: If you carry the keys on a carabiner or something with a loop, make sure it is not long enough to loop over the cruise control lever.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

wow I'm surprised that it snapped the key and not the cruise control lever.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I keep my key on a ring by itself with a quick disconnect to another ring that has all my other keys. been doing it that way since I was 16. I cant stand having a bulky keychain either.
x3 I hate the keys swinging and banging from the ignition. So I isolate the Jeep key by using a clip to easily remove it for use.

Quick Reply: Keys