Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

keeping the dogs in back

Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkdeuce
Training! The dog has to know where he can or cannot go. Its cheaper that way too.
While I agree 100% that dogs should be properly trained, no amount of training will keep the dog from getting hurt in an accident.

I currently use a leash to one of the babyseat anchor points, but am looking at harnesses specific for automotive use.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpb
While I agree 100% that dogs should be properly trained, no amount of training will keep the dog from getting hurt in an accident.
Or seeing the dog in the car next to it at a stop light, or a cat running across the street at a stop sign, you get the point! I have 3 dogs myself, and I'm thinking about sewing up my own netting!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default sew your own

I don't have any pic. but I went to auto zone got a pu truck cargo net and the wife cut and sewed it to fit had enough to make window and between the seat nets
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
Is that a German Shorthaired Pointer is see looking at me ?Or a retriever?
Chocolate Lab
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpb

I currently use a leash to one of the babyseat anchor points, but am looking at harnesses specific for automotive use.
I have a harness for my dog but he is such a goofy spaz that when we get close to a destination he gets all excited and ends up all wound up in a seatbelt. He's a typical lab. Still waiting for him to calm down some.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkdeuce
Training! The dog has to know where he can or cannot go. Its cheaper that way too.

Good luck.
You must not own a lab labs know when to listen and knows when you cant do jack about it. But has soon as I walk out the door all you see is a black butt getting in the back. I guess I gotta be ok with that.

Last edited by BrunosJK; 02-11-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: poor grammer
Old 02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

My dogs are always wanting to go for a ride... yes, I have four GS with the largest one weighing in at 150lbs. I was getting ready for a hunting trip... as you can see, they wanted to go with me. Mine are trained to stay in the back. No issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bt1XF84BxbxhiQLYYIUinlpC65CKxw1L0300.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	19383
Old 02-16-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

We live in British Columbia and we were told by our insurance guy that not having your dog restrained in the vehicle in the case of an accident will cause you to be 100% at fault. This is because our insurance views the loose dog as the likely cause of the accident. Additionally, should we be in an accident the dog can become a projectile. As a result we use a harness that we picked up at Wally-world that had a D-ring that clips to the female end of a seatbelt. It restricts where he can go and in the event of an accident he is restrained by his body and not his throat. I think it cost us $40. Our dog is a 60 lb english pointer.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

I remember reading this thread awhile back thinking I didn't have any problem keeping my 3 dogs in the back (they are small), but I never thought about the fact that they could fall out. They all come to work with me every day (45 minute drive) and ever since I read this I have been scared to take the windows out or the top off.

So I got this today:

I have to collapse it to get the top up or down, but it folds up really easily.

Don't pick on my cheap $15 Walmart seat covers, either!

I took out the back panel of the cage because one of them freaked out because he was in a cage. He was fine if he could stick his head out the front between the seats like he used to.

Man, she needs a bath. I should be ashamed.

Quick Reply: keeping the dogs in back