Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

keeping the dogs in back

Old 01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keeping the dogs in back

What do you guys use to keep the dog in the back of the jeep. In the summer if I have the top down I have the dogs hooked into the jeep using a leash, but in the winter with the top on the new puppy has a tendency to jump into the back seat rather than stay in back. What do you use to keep the dogs in back? Is there a Raingler Net for the JK to prevent the seat jumping?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

I sure coulld use a solution for this as well. I take my dog everywhere I go and he waits patiently all wadded up in a ball on my seat. I can't find a way to keep him in the back. My dog insist on curling up on my seat when I get out. He is a 90lb german shepard and the most uncomfortable spot in the jeep for him is the drivers seat. He has a bed, food, water and toys in the back.

Last edited by rubydak; 01-31-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if it will work in a 4 door but I use a stretch cargo net hooked to the back of my seats in my 2 door. It's one of those that has plastic hooks on the edges. It's something like 30x40 inches square. Got it at Pep Boys. I've seen one on the net somewhere but it was over $100. Sometimes my dog will stick his head through but his body doesn't fit through the square holes. If I have to I can hook one of the hooks on the roll bar in the middle so he can't come over it.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing, my dog understands "stay".
There is netting, however the stuff I've seen is pretty salty.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With our Beagle I just place our dog in the in the back....more secure and still has shade.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raingler does make a net for the jeep its $184....Aspen Co there is a company too and the net is 60bucks but it was worthless as it didnt fit around the rollbars like it was supposed to or close enough to the sides to keep a boxer in the back. Raingler is worth the price as it goes all the way to the floor unlike the aspen netting.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

wish I had that challenge...we lost both of our dogs in the last 4 months
Old 02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Training! The dog has to know where he can or cannot go. Its cheaper that way too.

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Before I got a Jeep I had a pickup so the dog was used to sitting next to me when we went somewhere. He's still getting used to the idea of sitting in the back of the Jeep. He knows he belongs in the front and is learning that is no longer true. I wish I was a better dog trainer but that's life!! Of course no training will teach him to not eject from the Jeep if it rolls. That webbing someone posted above would but a full set is well over $400, ouch. I can get an 4x8 pickup webbing for $79. Must be fun to rip people off.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woffles
I don't know if it will work in a 4 door but I use a stretch cargo net hooked to the back of my seats in my 2 door. It's one of those that has plastic hooks on the edges. It's something like 30x40 inches square. Got it at Pep Boys. I've seen one on the net somewhere but it was over $100. Sometimes my dog will stick his head through but his body doesn't fit through the square holes. If I have to I can hook one of the hooks on the roll bar in the middle so he can't come over it.

Woff that is a beautiful dog.

Quick Reply: keeping the dogs in back