Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

To Keep or Sale?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post To Keep or Sale?

Hey guys,

This is my first post, I'm new to the forum but not to Jeeps

My first Jeep was a brand new 2009 JK U S model
I had to sell it because I got irresponsible with my credit and I needed to get back on my feet(12k Creditcard Debt)

So anyway, I got 3k left to pay off on that and now that its getting close I'm looking to get another toy, a 2008 or 2011, either one used....but I have a Dilemma
To buy a jeep and keep the great car or sell the car

I drive 1500 miles a month, and the car that I got Right now gets 28 MPG..so its great, 170 payment, 130 insurance and about 200 in gas per month=500

If I get a jeep in addition to keeping the car, It would be 170 +400Max jeep payment+ 80 insurance+ 80 gas, since I can only drive one at a time = 1060 per month

If I Sell the Car, 400 + 350 for gas(jeep only mode of transportation) plus 200 insurance = 950 ish per month....

So would me selling the car and save. That 100-170 be wiser, or keep the car and put the miles on it?

Thoughts appreciated! I plan to buy a jeep at the year's turn and this is holding me back

I would have no other debt payment. Exept auto, No credit card, no medical, no other kind of debt cept 1 or 2 auto loans 170/400 max

More info, Single, no kids(no projection for kids), basically $1,300 to play with after I set apart for housing, food, gas, insurance, phone, and current carpayment and entertainment(been putting 800-1200 away in debt since I sold the jeep in 2010)

Reasons for a jeep?

Its a motherfucking Jeep..its just bad.ass.

2, fits my lifestyle, kayaking, offloading, hauling stuff...can't do that with a car and I get tired of asking for favors

3...ionno

Last edited by Illiterate_Ninja; 09-01-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: To Keep or Sale?