Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
I'm not calling Chrysler Chris wrong, but where did you see him provide proof that an assembly line that utilizes both software and human controlled interfaces can't make a mistake?? I feel like this is a debate between two people saying, 'your wrong and I'm right because I said so'.. The only fact I know about Chrysler manufacturing is that they employ people would are willing to become intoxicated at work.. If that can be overlooked, so can the workmanship of these same individuals.
* Chris is just pointing out the fact that assembly process has certain "checks and balances" to properly torque down fasteners/bolts during assembly operation...I've seen this, and in a few cases was involved with the process. Chris can't provide propriety info over a public forum...just a suicide in any career!!

* If it was between two people...why post on a PUBLIC forum to air out a personal gripes of ones JKU. The OP posted here, is all I can say...

* Those intoxicated folks you mentioned occurred at Jefferson North Assembly Plant, and at Chryslers Trenton Engine Assembly plant...Both are located in Michigan. Toledo Assembly was never mentioned in the Fox 2 News here in Detroit. I'm sure at every work place there are a few "BRIGHT" apples that would make a company stick out like a sore thumb. At least, for these few "Bright" apples that were caught...they're gone from the company.

I agree 100%.. OP definitely needs to take the advantage of the fix, and that should remedy any safety concerns.. maybe he might start enjoying the Jk, but not much they can do about the vents
This, I do agree with you. Definitely take back to the dealership and get the correct torque for the fasteners!! The OP should have test drove the JKU, so he could get the 'Ergonomic' feel of the vehicle before purchasing. Kinda late for the OP, but for future reference.

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
But I guess my point is the things we're talking about specifically are very tightly controlled and monitored. I know this as a fact because I'm an automotive engineer for 12 years and I've worked In Tier 1, Tier 2 and OEM. I've seen modern auto production first hand and spent many many days in plants.
Yup...Again, certain 'check and balances' have to be completed in certain areas of Assembly...Again, this I've seen. Been in the trenches for 9 years as an Electrical Design Engineer with Tier 1's.

SOOO glad my jeep is nice and tight, and that I know how to turn a wrench when it isn't.. haha
Damn...I have to agree with this also

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
Actually this insn't true.. there is a mod out there that shows you how to make them little storage areas....
He could do that mod and then no problem.. right...... he could probably even reroute the vent and put a mod in of his own.

"WINNING"

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
since when did anyone ever trust anyone in the automotive field for stating facts??
I know your not being a Jerk, but its pretty harsh to distrust everyone in the Automotive field. If you don't trust us...don't drive a Jeep, or any Vehicle for that matter. I hear bikes and walking is economical.

ill spell check when you stop pestering the op for for his op!
if he wanted a chrysler blabbermouth to respond hed have pm
you! as for speaking out my butt , i believe thats how you were created, so lighten up ! not everyone wants chrysler tattoo on thier forehead! fact is
loose bolts point to chrysler otherwise he wouldnt have written them ! dont recall anyone asking what you did for work what dept . or how many times youve visit the automotive plant to inspect the process ! your not a judge , so why do you feel the need to always speak out as a deciding judge would?????? your prob a waterboy at the factory who cares ?
* Chris is just noting Assembly Plant 'Checks and Balances' in torquing fasteners/bolts through assembly process that he's seen in his career.

* Again...This is a PUBLIC forum where...Chris, You, I, and everyone else can post a free response to the OP!! So why should Chris or anyone else should stop responding in this post, remember you noted: "your not a judge , so why do you feel the need to always speak out as a deciding judge would??????" . You saying "your prob a waterboy at the factory who cares ?"...again, remember you noted: "your not a judge , so why do you feel the need to always speak out as a deciding judge would??????"

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
Yea... I thought about that when I was looking at the MOD.... never said I did it... it is an interesting one..
I personnally like the Vents....
IMO...vents are great as they are .

op isnt satisfied ! customer is always right ! guys that come on bashing op shouldnt bother they should go play in thier puddle!
not everyone finds the need to wallow in mud to say there a jeep owner ! i personaly find it unnesasary to drive my jeep into a giant mud puddle ! yet im very satisfied thus far with my 2012 ! im not the one driving my jeep into a swamp and then stating that the factory cant produce a vehicle with a few loose bolts ! we all buy jeeps for different reasons !
This I agree 90%. As with the loose bolts: It may not be loose bolts, but minimumly torque bolts that were not torqued to "MAXIMUM RESIDUAL TORQUE VALUES" when they left the Assembly plant.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default re:

chryslerchris comment saying loose bolts from factory cant happen is like ronald mcdonald saying a burger never left his factory with a boogie on it! dosent mean anything ! you never know who built it ! thats all im sayin !Attachment 250444 dosent stop you from buyin one but you cant tell till you have payed !
i didnt mean i dont trust chris , i didnt mean i dont trust ronald either!
again, theres boogies and loosebolts out there !

how can you have any puddin if you dont eat your meat ?

lol you must have been a car salesman first ,lol another way of saying (loose bolts )would be : ( minimumly torque bolts that were not torqued to "MAXIMUM RESIDUAL TORQUE VALUES" when they left the Assembly plant.
swing by some time ill build you a burger !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another thread where somebody's got their head shoved a bit too far up their A$$.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Heads Up.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	250474  
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

lol you must have been a car salesman first ,lol another way of saying (loose bolts )would be : ( minimumly torque bolts that were not torqued to "MAXIMUM RESIDUAL TORQUE VALUES" when they left the Assembly plant.
swing by some time ill build you a burger !
Never was a carsaleman, nor will I ever be. Forever an Engineer !!

Take for example: Torquing your wheels...you torque it to 92 ft/lbs, then you read your manual and 95 ft/lbs is required. You go and re-torque the lug nuts to 96 - 97 ft/lbs (I know I've torqued mine to 100 ft/lbs once before thinking I had 95 ft/lbs.). In laymans terms...this is all that's being done (just a disclaimer...I'm not a FASTENER Engineer to say this is what happening/or being done to correct the problem.). If there were LOOSE fasteners...End of line test will show an uncontrolled JKU all over the place .

No burgers from you...May be a closed beer (or 2) I can open will suffice
Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WXman
I decided that I'm tired of the poor quality and I e-mailed Jeep Customer Service (again) about another issue.

A back seat with zero structural support for the middle passenger, more noises than a haunted house at halloween, absolutely horrible throttle programming, HVAC vents too close to the steering wheel, etc. etc. I could go on all day.
Are you saying the back seat can't be sat on? Throttle programming ... you mean a flat spot or lag? HVAC vents should be adjustable...

But I also found LOOSE nuts and bolts in the undercarriage from the factory. And when I say loose, I mean I could remove them with my fingers. So far I've tightened my shocks, and my front sway bar which were very loose and flopping around. I also went through a few other bolts at the same time as I was putting my spacers in. But a lot of the things that were LOOSE were that way from the factory before I ever touched the Jeep. I also discovered that my oil pan drain plug was barely finger tight and it's a miracle it didn't fall out.
Well I don't know... the sway bar was loose enough to be flopping around? ... then IMO, it would be making noise from the get-go. And if your oil drain plug was barely finger tight it would be leaking starting at the factory.

Problem is, everytime this B.S. quality stuff comes up the first thing they want you to do is go to a dealership. Newsflash... people avoid dealerships for a reason! 3 days after buying my JKU I almost got into a fight with the service manager and I haven't been back to that dealership since.

Ugh.. The "85% American parts and labor" sticker on the window made me feel good about my purchase, and then I've felt bittersweet about it ever since then. It just sucks.
What did you get in an argument about? ... have you ever thought payback is a bitch and someone at the dealer unscrewed your nuts?

Take that as a joke....

Old 12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hee hee i know what your sayin

i happen to love my jeep ! and wouldnt think of driving anything else !
i like my heat vents right dam well where they are ! my rear seats fine
cuz its in the basement wrapped in plastic! where it will live ! my bolts seem tightend to specs and if they wernt , i wouldnt write to chrysler ! however everyones feels a bit different in thier approach
to resolve issue ! it was his 30,000 dollars that he paid and his right to approach it any way he sees fit ! cant blame the guy for venting his frustration with loose bolts . from factory or from dealership
the dealership is wearing and representing jeep and its product !
bottom line
course if he had someone else uder his jeep workin then its his fault !
i didnt say i dont trust anyone in automotive , because of course we all have to have work done sometimes ! i say i dont trust anyone
who jumps in ranting about facts and that there co. never released a burger with a boggie on it

i agree somewhat with post above me ! why wasnt oil dripping out ? and who changed oil last , theres lots of question with out answers !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-15-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

i happen to love my jeep !
Ok. Your first line says it all . I think were done venting . If you have beer(s) available...have a couple for me
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mscedro2
Ok. Your first line says it all . I think were done venting . If you have beer(s) available...have a couple for me
WIN

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 12-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

jeepmojo - I'm kind bored arguing so I'll stop. But seriously, use a spell checker dude.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife noticed a loose nut behind the wheel but I just don't see it

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...