Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WXMan,

I kinda feel bad for giving you crap, but like many here I'm just sick of all the bitching about our JK's and JKU's. You were fine talking about the loose fasteners - who knows what happened there. But then you went all and added how much you disliked the HVAC vents and throttle programming and on and on... and that's when we sorta tuned you out, or at least I did.

Half of your post was probably legitimate concern and if worded properly would have garnered some interest and sympathy, but the other was just whining and bitching. I'm personally fed up with people complaining about their Jeeps. This isn't the Mercedes Benz forum. This is a JEEP forum. We drive our vehicles into mud pits and up jagged rocks for FUN. It's really not the type of crowd to complain about HVAC positioning or throttle response to.

And you follow up by being a vulgar, abrasive, screw-everyone crazy-man that I honestly wouldn't help you if you were stuck in a ditch and offered me $1 million to pull you out.

I'll go ahead and say I'm sorry for busting your balls but for a good portion of your rant, you kinda deserved it. For your ACTUAL problem with the loose bolts (by the way, I went through all the recall information for MY 2007 thru 2011 JK's and found nothing about loose suspension bolts) I hope you get some sort of resolution.

If you keep your Jeep, happy Jeeping. If not, I'm sure there's a person out there who would gobble up your Jeep happily, loose bolts and all. I'm done and out. Good luck to ya.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Like I said: you're unreasonable.
Very unreasonable.

To the OP...If your going to post on a public forum, expect to have responses from Automotive Engineers and Non-Automotive Engineers to chime in and provide a response.

As with a few others...What's with the name calling?? You were mature enough to start this post...be mature enough to accept the responses!!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Recall ID # 86775 - POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY
Recall Date:
MAR 01, 2011
Model Affected:
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Summary:
CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010-2011 JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JULY 12, 2010, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 10, 2010. SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A DEGRADATION OF FASTENER TORQUE FOR VARIOUS FRONT AND REAR AXLE ATTACHMENTS TO THE CHASSIS MODULE.
Consequences:
THIS COULD RESULT IN NOISE, OR ULTIMATELY, DEGRADATION IN STEERING AND HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS WHICH COULD LEAD TO LOSS OF DIRECTIONAL CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL RE-TORQUE ALL NINETEEN FASTENERS TO THE MAXIMUM RESIDUAL TORQUE VALUES. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 24, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
Potential Units Affected:
Notes:
CHRYSLER GROUP LLC

I guess this is what the OP is talking about.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From that it looks like the line workers were doing their job, but the torque settings on the equipment they used may not have been set high enough.

Wouldn't the 18k Jeeps that this thing covered have recieved a recall notice?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Yankee
From that it looks like the line workers were doing their job, but the torque settings on the equipment they used may not have been set high enough.

Wouldn't the 18k Jeeps that this thing covered have recieved a recall notice?
I won't speculate the root cause but if this is the recall the OP is talking about he should just get it done. It's free and Chrysler is taking responsibility.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer

I'm not calling Chrysler Chris wrong, but where did you see him provide proof that an assembly line that utilizes both software and human controlled interfaces can't make a mistake?? I feel like this is a debate between two people saying, 'your wrong and I'm right because I said so'.. The only fact I know about Chrysler manufacturing is that they employ people would are willing to become intoxicated at work.. If that can be overlooked, so can the workmanship of these same individuals.
Not denying the facts about a few (very few) stupid workers making the whole company look bad. But I guess my point is the things we're talking about specifically are very tightly controlled and monitored. I know this as a fact because I'm an automotive engineer for 12 years and I've worked In Tier 1, Tier 2 and OEM. I've seen modern auto production first hand and spent many many days in plants. I have at least three other people on this thread that are in auto backing these facts up.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hate to dissapoint ya !

since when did anyone ever trust anyone in the automotive field for stating facts?? not being a jerk just kinda stating a fact !

its like hiring a lawyer , if facts were so true, theyd all be up for faulse representation ! the freekin guy has a few loose bolts and here come mr automotive stating it couldnt happen at the factory !!!!:ok

another fact is the back seat , middle is uncomfortable, can you find factual proof it isnt ? besides the fact i dont believe its made to have anyone there in the fist place ???

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-15-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
but not much they can do about the vents
Actually this insn't true.. there is a mod out there that shows you how to make them little storage areas....
He could do that mod and then no problem.. right...... he could probably even reroute the vent and put a mod in of his own.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Never say never.......... to anything.
Well almost anything...

JEEP ON...

Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default hahaha thats a great idea!

relocate the venting ! love it ! use the existing hole as a cubby or stuff a dirty sock in the hole

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...