Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ChryslerChris is clearly in a fantasy world. NHTSA has logged nearly 100 complaints of loose suspension parts on Jeep JK Wranglers, so just imagine how many are running around NOT reported. Thousands maybe?

The fact that he's calling a fellow Jeeper a liar, and trying to straight up deny that it happened, makes him lower than the dog shit on the bottom of my shoe. Sorry that's just how it is.

What do I want Chrsyler to do? nothing. I took care of it myself. I simply want them to KNOW about it, in hopes that they will expand the existing recall and potentially save someone's life. Like the recall states... this issue could lead to total "loss of directional control of the vehicle". If someone on here denies that this is worth worrying about, you have problems I can't help you with. If someone on here thinks that is "whining", then let me be clear.. F*** YOU. I have a wife and 3 kids that ride in this thing. I don't want my stuff loose.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WXman
ChryslerChris is clearly in a fantasy world. NHTSA has logged nearly 100 complaints of loose suspension parts on Jeep JK Wranglers, so just imagine how many are running around NOT reported. Thousands maybe?

The fact that he's calling a fellow Jeeper a liar, and trying to straight up deny that it happened, makes him lower than the dog shit on the bottom of my shoe. Sorry that's just how it is.

What do I want Chrsyler to do? nothing. I took care of it myself. I simply want them to KNOW about it, in hopes that they will expand the existing recall and potentially save someone's life. Like the recall states... this issue could lead to total "loss of directional control of the vehicle". If someone on here denies that this is worth worrying about, you have problems I can't help you with. If someone on here thinks that is "whining", then let me be clear.. F*** YOU. I have a wife and 3 kids that ride in this thing. I don't want my stuff loose.
Like I said: you're unreasonable.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Blade

Amen. I would also like to add, that if you don't like wind noise and poor a/c vent placement go drive a YJ. They had no forward vents, alot more wind noise and even better, you got to sit on top of whomever was in the Jeep with you. A Wrangler is by definition an all terrain vehicle. It is by far the only vehicle made that can go anywhere. If you want luxury and a quiet ride buy a Chrysler, If you want Fun and Versatility buy a JEEP.
Jeep is Chrysler. Just saying.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Chris is correct in the method things are torques down. It is pretty much impossible that they left the factory untorqued. Now they could have been missed with at another point after. But who knows. At least you found it before anything happened. Name calling doesn't help with this discussion though.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default bottom line is we all want to love our jeep!

and for whoevers fault it maybe it still falls in chryslers lap passed on to the consumer ! he seems to care enough about his jeep to check it all out ! they cant please everyone ! im sure he knew what he bought
and was expecting what he paid for and nothing less ! as me with my buckle in a flawed rear window ! not everyone is willing to take (its a jeep thing ) as a answer ! i had to make it a problem to ensure i got a buckle free window otherwise id have to accept shotty workmanship ! and i didnt accept it !

also i think worth noting ! he obviously , had intentions of loving his new jeep or he wouldnt have put the tires and wheels and other stuff on it , it shows in his pic he dosent mistreat it in anyway ! unlike a LOT OF JEEPERS DO ! not bashing them either some have the cash flow to realy abuse thiers and repair , others buy for reliability reasons and come up short !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-14-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bitch

I decided that I'm tired of the poor quality and I e-mailed Jeep Customer Service (again) about another issue.

There have been numerous design flaws and complaints about the JKU, but most of them are just an annoyance really. A back seat with zero structural support for the middle passenger, more noises than a haunted house at halloween, absolutely horrible throttle programming, HVAC vents too close to the steering wheel, etc. etc. I could go on all day.

But I also found LOOSE nuts and bolts in the undercarriage from the factory. And when I say loose, I mean I could remove them with my fingers. So far I've tightened my shocks, and my front sway bar which were very loose and flopping around. I also went through a few other bolts at the same time as I was putting my spacers in. But a lot of the things that were LOOSE were that way from the factory before I ever touched the Jeep. I also discovered that my oil pan drain plug was barely finger tight and it's a miracle it didn't fall out.

These things are clearly safety issues and are the types of things that could potentially get my family killed. The oil plug thing could have caused my engine to get wiped out. I'm pretty aggravated about it and I guess Jeep will be contacting me shortly to discuss this again.

Problem is, everytime this B.S. quality stuff comes up the first thing they want you to do is go to a dealership. Newsflash... people avoid dealerships for a reason! 3 days after buying my JKU I almost got into a fight with the service manager and I haven't been back to that dealership since.

Ugh.. The "85% American parts and labor" sticker on the window made me feel good about my purchase, and then I've felt bittersweet about it ever since then. It just sucks.

you are such a bitch! HVAC vents too close to the steering wheel? please trade it in, buy a minivan to put your family in and stay off the trails.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris

I honestly think the loose bolts thing is an exaggeration by the OP. There was torque monitors on the assembly line that won't even let you go to the next station unless you drove the correct number of bolts down, in the right order, and at the right torque.

I call BS on that claim.
this is correct, although the system can be bypassed, or fooled, if you will, when a high or low torque or even a cross thread threatens to shut the line down. If key personel do not go back and make the repair, these torque monitors are worthless. But I agree, it seems unlikely that a large number of torqued shots are missed on the same vehicle. I would like more specifics as to what these loose bolts were actually to.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I read through this whole thing. You seem to be butt hurt over something that may not have even happened from the factory. Either way did you get it fixed? Oh wow 100 complaints in how many thousand jks sold? Ill tell you what, ill send you a torque wrench and some extra soft tissues.

sent from my otterbox'd jeep camera
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default lol

i only wish the vents were even closer to the steerin wheel
for my sorryass popciclestick fingers! id be happy if they put them in series across the length of dash 0000000000000000000 - jeep since 1941

your kinda famous this thread has thousands of views !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you love your wife and kids soooo much, why do you keep constantly threatening their lives by putting them in such an unsave vehical. I have decided it can only be 1 of 3 possible reasons.
1. You are just lying about everything for attention.
2. You really just dont care about your family.
3. You are just bitching so you can weasel some money out of Chrysler.

I wonder which one it is.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 12-14-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...