Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The torque may be monitored by computer and machinery which requires calibrating or checking the calibraion on a regular basis. All it takes is to have a mechanical or human failure in the process. But I do believe that most like;ly it happened at the dealership.
My 2011 was in the shop four times in the first three months for a total of four weeks. Started with a made flywheel sensor ring. When the dealership replaced the flywheel they did not install the transmission, shift linkage and starter properly. They even left out and used the wrong bolting. Long story short it locked up on me while on the road leaving me stranded. Now I do all the work myself or find a quality shop that knows what they are doing.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer

Hmm I see what you are saying... but I just see threads about JKs sent to dealerships with three different fender flairs.. Just cause a company has a machine monitoring the assembly line does not mean it can't happen..
For the mismatched fender case, did we know for sure that the dealership didn't just swap em out to make a certain customer happy?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
if this were the case ! theyd be no one complaining cuz theyd all be cookie cut and perfect with sugar coating ! just not the case
this guy is dreaming or works for chrysler ! lol theres workers not paying attention cuz there stoned ! and even if the red flag goes up they cant see it cuz from inside there smokey little head they dont see flags unless its a mistake in there paycheck ! you should be a chryslerspokesman !
I speak from fact. You... Not so much.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

If you want you can buy my little sisters barbie pink electric escalade we can always set up a day for you to look...
Old 12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Junkie

Jeeps are like kit cars to me anyway. I always buy one fully well knowing I'm gonna tear that shit apart. And all vehicles have problems its more predominant since on this forum we specifically point out what's wrong. When if you were to ask the general public they'd most likely have no clue that there were issues. I for one like knowing what's wrong ahead of the game and doing something about it myself and if i cant then my mechanic, instead of waiting for some service jerkoff pissing away his time scratching his head wondering why the manual or his little puter isn't doing the job for him. I'll take a day under my Jeep any day over a day in the service lounge waiting area.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

For the record I'm not saying Chrysler or other automakers are infallible. But in this particular example of fasteners bring under torqued, it's hogwash. Among all the things in an assembly plant from OEM's down to suppliers, fasteners are the most tightly controlled process. Other things like material handling (like the fender thing) or defective parts (sometimes a supplier quality issue) can sometimes slip by. But fasteners are pretty bullet proof.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
like they have a flawless reputation lol your a dreamer in a fantasyland chrylerchris your call name says it all ! i dont doubt this guy had loose bolts ! nor do i doubt his seat is uncomfortable ! however it may not go anywhere cept a red light might go off when he brings his jeep in for a repair , but other than that red lights never stopped anyone from driving right on through one has it
thats why we have laws and cops ! maybe he got a lemon??? who are we to say how his bolts came loose ? thats a fact ! yours not so much !
You're obviously not in automotive and probably never stepped into an assembly plant before. And it shows. Oh well. Whatever dude.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yankee

Was thinking about the A/C vent locations. I like them because in the winter I point them at the steering wheel where my hands are. As soon as I have heat they warm up the wheel and I can take off my gloves!
X 2 love the vent location, keeps my hands warm!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Junkie

^^ I do this too. LOL.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

My .02 agrees with others on here about the vent and other design issues...that's what a test drive is for. I can't speak to automotive assembly protocols but ChrylerChris sounds like he's pretty sure the fasteners are bs. However, lemons exist...I had a Hyundai years ago that was a total piece of shit. I invoked lemon law and they took it back. I also invoked lemon law on my JK for a steering issue...Chrysler never admitted anything, saying it was lift kit fault...I had dealer installed leveling kit at the time. Anyway, they settled with us before the trial, I kept my JK and fixed the problem.

The whole process made me learn more about my jeep and its upkeep. I now do all my own maintenance and when the mod work gets beyond me I get help from buddies in our club and we have for everything from lift kits, snorkels and bumpers and a bunch of other stuff someone else in shop or dealer sour probably just screw me out of money for anyway.

Learn your jeep or sell it and get a nice minivan.

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...