Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
I honestly think the loose bolts thing is an exaggeration by the OP. There was torque monitors on the assembly line that won't even let you go to the next station unless you drove the correct number of bolts down, in the right order, and at the right torque.

I call BS on that claim.
So why don't you just call me a liar?

You're officially on my s*** list.

None of my other 15 Jeeps or trucks have the issues I'd had with this thing. I work on my own stuff. I've done multiple axle regears, suspensions, engine swaps, etc. I think I know a loose bolt when I see it.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you sure you dont have super strong fingers and when you checked them you loosened them?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am very happy with my JK, a nice upgrade from my TJ and does exactly what it is susposed to do. If I wanted real creature comforts and a quite ride I would have gotten an SUV. Never found anything loose on my 2008.

Now my wife's Liberty with broke/leaking skyslider...that is a different story.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WXman

So why don't you just call me a liar?

You're officially on my s*** list.

None of my other 15 Jeeps or trucks have the issues I'd had with this thing. I work on my own stuff. I've done multiple axle regears, suspensions, engine swaps, etc. I think I know a loose bolt when I see it.
Woohoo! I made your s**tlist. I'm very happy; I can ignore your whining from now on
Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
There's no way loose bolts make it out of the factory. There are safeguards at every station ensuring that doesn't happen. You'll be surprised how much the dealership or third party folks mess with new cars before you ever receive them.
Maybe because of you bitching at the service dept. the service dept. loosened all the bolts on your ride the next time. Just saying..... I'm with a lot of people on this thread so far. You buy a jeep for a reason "You love em'". If you don't, buy something else. We don't care. Next. Oh yeah
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default can we see the love letter or is it to personal ?

seeing we all are part of thee equasion ! it would only seem fit we examine the evidence exibit (a) loosebolt love letter #1
Old 12-14-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure Chrysler are open to feedback, even negative feedback. I don't see any issue with reporting flaws. There are a bunch of issues that I found with my Jeep only after I 'd bought it, like unpainted rollbars, rough uncut flash on a lot of the plastic parts (my friend cut his head after accidentally brushing it against the overhead speaker). We're supposed to look out for these things when we test drive, but it's easy to miss stuff. Let us know what Chrysler say. I'd be interested to read their response. Anything that forces them to improve quality is good, in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Wow, are people really that dumb??

Look at all the morons denying the possibility that I had loose fasteners from the factory. Then look at the RECALL Jeep issued on certain JKs for this very reason. Why would Jeep issue a recall for loose suspension fasteners if it's "impossible" for it to happen?

Some of you need to stop typing.. you're really making the world a dumber place.

As far as my torque comments from yesterday, yes I do own a torque wrench and yes I am fixing these issues myself as I find them. I suppose that having loose nuts and bolts on a BRAND NEW Jeep is because the dealership is trying to kill me, right? Riigghhtttt.....

Lots of people have had this issue, unfortunately my Jeep isn't part of the recall. I sent Jeep a letter because it NEEDS to be a part of the recall. The loose fasteners from the factory issue is more widespread than they realize.

It baffles me how you can praise the Jeep all day long, but as soon as you post a thread about being unhappy about something all the assholes come out of the woodwork. Karma is a biotch...
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at all the morons denying the possibility that I had loose fasteners from the factory. Then look at the RECALL Jeep issued on certain JKs for this very reason. Why would Jeep issue a recall for loose suspension fasteners if it's "impossible" for it to happen?

Some of you need to stop typing.. you're really making the world a dumber place.

As far as my torque comments from yesterday, yes I do own a torque wrench and yes I am fixing these issues myself as I find them. I suppose that having loose nuts and bolts on a BRAND NEW Jeep is because the dealership is trying to kill me, right? Riigghhtttt.....

Lots of people have had this issue, unfortunately my Jeep isn't part of the recall. I sent Jeep a letter because it NEEDS to be a part of the recall. The loose fasteners from the factory issue is more widespread than they realize.

It baffles me how you can praise the Jeep all day long, but as soon as you post a thread about being unhappy about something all the assholes come out of the woodwork. Karma is a biotch...
Of course there are going to some people disagree and even be critical if you post such a thread. It is a JK forum after all.

There were others who at least semi-agreed.

Why resort to name calling though?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

You're just great at making friends. We're jumping on you not because of the premise of your post but the tone, the anger and honestly just you coming across as plain unreasonable. In short, you whine too much.

But let's be reasonable dude. Have you EVER considered that your Jeep was tampered with post-fact? Between the factory and the dealership and the dealership to you, someone might have had to fix something and just didn't reinstall things right? I'm telling you for a fact - stuff does not leave the factory not torqued down. There's just no way. Schedule a plant tour of Toledo north and audit their processes. You'll see.

And I have no idea how to help you HVAC too-close and throttle response issues. Answer honestly - did you actually test drive before you bought? Did you know what kind of vehicle you were buying?

Like another poster said "what exactly do you want them to do?". Hand you a big check and issue endless apologies?

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...