Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-14-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ill back up the loose bolts !

on my 2011 it had loose bumper bolts when i pulled in my driveway 1st day i looked and thought oh boy here we go ! hope its not a lemon , i traded it in later anyway my 2012 is awesome no rattles and tight as a drum ! seems some are assembled by lazy people some are assembled by those who take pride in workmanship i guess! but 20 + or 30+ you shouldnt have to leave the stealers and go home and wrench unless you realy want to ! im happy w/ 2012 rubicon but ill agree with poster about quality control . people that buy used jeeps shouldnt be allowed to comment on op the topic of quality control ,lol if they bout thiers to ride through the swamp so be it ! not all buy for that reason

ps i disagree with venting theory , i love the heat as well in winter time !
it will blow your doors off ! who could complain about that ? even in the summer with ac id scratch that from the complaint list and btw i dont believe youl get a free hat or anything for complaining to chrysler ! incase youve never delt with them on pro level before ! dosnt get you far ! selling it might be the answer !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-14-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
I honestly think the loose bolts thing is an exaggeration by the OP. There was torque monitors on the assembly line that won't even let you go to the next station unless you drove the correct number of bolts down, in the right order, and at the right torque.

I call BS on that claim.
Correct. The days of a guy with a hand help torque wrench are gone. Its all computerized torque wrenches hooked up to computers. They even dictate the pattern in which your bolts are tightened. The torque wrench will not even spin if you try to do a bolt out of order.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got lucky!

I feel sorry that you got such a poor ride. My 2dr. sport is as tight as the day I bought it with very little oil usage and I drive it 2000+ miles a week over very poor roads. I knew the shortcomings that came with it as a daily driver and the weekends far outweighed the minor inconvenience that I thought of at the time.Now, I like my JEEP! so damn much I don't even think about the petty little crap because the fun outweighs the negative handsdown.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

Default how does one explain loose bolts if

owner didnt do it! lol as far as rear seat middle support goes?
thats a bit over the edge ! pull the seat out and see how they like it then !
as far as haunted house at halloween ?? could the color have anything to do with it? orange and black maybe your sitting on a pumpkin and not a jk

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-14-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

@ everyone jumping all over the OP about being a cry baby. Simple, if ya don't like something get rid of it or change it, don't continue to complain, it's annoying and as far as I'm concerned if you don't change what you don't like I have no sympathy for you, it's self induced. POA right there! All I have to say is, I love my Jeep JK (and all the other Jeeps I have owned or still own)! Thought the OP would bring me down but ya'll lifted my spirits with the backlash you've given!

PROUD TO BE A JEEP OWNER FOR LIFE!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
on my 2011 it had loose bumper bolts when i pulled in my driveway 1st day i looked and thought oh boy here we go ! hope its not a lemon , i traded it in later anyway my 2012 is awesome no rattles and tight as a drum ! seems some are assembled by lazy people some are assembled by those who take pride in workmanship i guess! but 20 + or 30+ you shouldnt have to leave the stealers and go home and wrench unless you realy want to ! im happy w/ 2012 rubicon but ill agree with poster about quality control . people that buy used jeeps shouldnt be allowed to comment on op the topic of quality control ,lol if they bout thiers to ride through the swamp so be it ! not all buy for that reason

ps i disagree with venting theory , i love the heat as well in winter time !
it will blow your doors off ! who could complain about that ? even in the summer with ac id scratch that from the complaint list and btw i dont believe youl get a free hat or anything for complaining to chrysler ! incase youve never delt with them on pro level before ! dosnt get you far ! selling it might be the answer !
There's no way loose bolts make it out of the factory. There are safeguards at every station ensuring that doesn't happen. You'll be surprised how much the dealership or third party folks mess with new cars before you ever receive them.

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 12-14-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Junkie

Default i find this a bit odd im not a p.i.

but heres a prior post the op made re: loose bolts on another thread yesterday !

maybe he should take his own self more serious ! here it is black an white ::::: :My first thought is vandalism. Someone, for some reason, is tampering with your Jeep. Lug nuts do not magically get loose once they are torqued to PROPER spec. So.. who wants you dead? Who did you piss off? Is your wife wanting insurance money?

My wheels came with instructions to use 85-95 ft/lbs of torque on the lugs, I do an even 100 just to be on the safe side. A torque wrench is a must. 2011 JKU Sport - Mango Tango - Auto. w/ 3.73s - Freedom Top
3/4" Daystar spacers
ACE rock rails
MB 72 wheels wrapped in 265/75-16 Hankook DynaPro ATm
Pilot fog light mod

this same guy is now writing chrysler about loose bolts ????:think ing:
"You just gotta' wallow it!"

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-14-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Default yeh you may be right that was my thought on the 2011

maybe someone hit the bumper in parkin lot and they replaced it at dealer ! nothing would surprize me at the stealerships !! i do find it strange someone would have so many loose bolts and yet make the statement wife has a ins . policy on the driver in a prior thread ! makes you think whats all this leading up too ! murder mystery when his wife ends up with kids goin over the cliff and he says i wrote chrysler about loose bolts in a prior letter covering his @$$

anyone find it odd ?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

All Jeep brands back middle seat suck. My friend has a grand Cherokee and the middle back just sucks to sit in. He doesn't complain because its a sweet ride for the most part.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WXman
I decided that I'm tired of the poor quality and I e-mailed Jeep Customer Service (again) about another issue.

There have been numerous design flaws and complaints about the JKU, but most of them are just an annoyance really. A back seat with zero structural support for the middle passenger, more noises than a haunted house at halloween, absolutely horrible throttle programming, HVAC vents too close to the steering wheel, etc. etc. I could go on all day.

But I also found LOOSE nuts and bolts in the undercarriage from the factory. And when I say loose, I mean I could remove them with my fingers. So far I've tightened my shocks, and my front sway bar which were very loose and flopping around. I also went through a few other bolts at the same time as I was putting my spacers in. But a lot of the things that were LOOSE were that way from the factory before I ever touched the Jeep. I also discovered that my oil pan drain plug was barely finger tight and it's a miracle it didn't fall out.

These things are clearly safety issues and are the types of things that could potentially get my family killed. The oil plug thing could have caused my engine to get wiped out. I'm pretty aggravated about it and I guess Jeep will be contacting me shortly to discuss this again.

Problem is, everytime this B.S. quality stuff comes up the first thing they want you to do is go to a dealership. Newsflash... people avoid dealerships for a reason! 3 days after buying my JKU I almost got into a fight with the service manager and I haven't been back to that dealership since.

Ugh.. The "85% American parts and labor" sticker on the window made me feel good about my purchase, and then I've felt bittersweet about it ever since then. It just sucks.
So...what do you want them to do exactly...?

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...