Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just sent Jeep a love letter...

Old 12-15-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must of got lucky 40,000 miles on my 2010 and not one problem,
Its been in the rocks, the desert, water, and on the beach.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I worked at a Chevrolet dealership in Dayton, Ohio for five years and it was fairly common to take parts off of inventory vehicles if they were needed to make a vehicle ready to sell or if a customer was really vocal and a part was on eternal back order. I saw cars leave after a brake job and have a wheel fall off a block down the road because the mechanic forgot to tighten the lug nuts. I've also seen engines seize because the drain plug to oil filter wasn't tightened or the tech forget to fill the crank case. I saw one car driven through (at least the front end went through) a cinder block wall because the car spotter wasn't used to the clutch. I even saw a van fall off a lift. It was a plumbers van and the back end was heavy enough to flip it off the lift. Saw a Jag catch on fire because the car spotter parked it on tall grass and the catalytic converter caught the grass on fire. It's not outside the realm of possibility that you could get a Jeep home and find lose bolts.

I have 42,000 miles on my 09 Jeep and it has been very reliable. Other than a couple recalls it has never been to the dealership for service. There are quirks like hitting unlock on the remote and nothing happens? Leaving the radio on for 5 hours at the drive in, starting the engine and seeing two trouble lights glow for the next day. Like I said, these are annoying but not show stoppers.

I had a Volvo S60 AWD for 12 months. It was in the dealership 16 times, left me stranded in a snowstorm in Detroit and and once in Kentucky. The Volvo was the most expensive vehicle I've owned. It was a sweet car but riddled with problems.

I traded the Volvo on a Lexus that now has 76,000 miles and other than brakes, tires, oil, and gas it's never had the first problem. It still looks and rides like new.

The Jeep is the cheapest vehicle by far and has its quirks but has never failed to get me home. It's also the vehicle I drive everyday unless I'm taking the parents somewhere (they can't climb into the Jeep) or taking the wife out to dinner and she doesn't want to climb up into the Jeep in a dress and heels. It is pretty funny watching her try to get into the Jeep in heels after 6 Long Islands though.

Quick Reply: Just sent Jeep a love letter...