Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just purchased, now what?

Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, thanks Robin for adding absolutely nothing constructive to this thread. After reading some of your other posts it seems to be a trend with you so I guess I wont complain too much.
I will probably lift it sooner or later. I am used to the bigger tire look and prefer it even though I may not be considered an offroader.
I was just wondering if anyone has taken the time to put a list of suggestions people have to do after buying your JK. I have read so many threads that I cannot remember them all.
As far as painting the fuel tank, I have read that people prefer to rattle can it black once it starts to rust to "clean it up" a little. Mine came like this from the dealership. Some people do, some dont. It is worthy of mention.
Any suggestions (paint fuel tank, drill mirrors, etc) will be helpful to me and probably a lot of perspective future JK'ers that are in the spot I just came out of.
Thanks all.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First think I'd do would be take the top and doors off and drive it. It will be a little cold up there; so crank the heat, wear a hat and coat and you will be set.

Congrats on your new Jeep.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZchris
First think I'd do would be take the top and doors off and drive it. It will be a little cold up there; so crank the heat, wear a hat and coat and you will be set.

Congrats on your new Jeep.
Nice, unfortunately I just put the hard top back on the TJ to sell. Nobody wants to test drive it without the top. I guess I should just say, "This is not the vehicle you want.........."
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

road trip...defdefdefdefinitely a road trip or off-road...huh?

Quick Reply: Just purchased, now what?