Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just Picked up 2010

Old 09-13-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
As far as your mic, you might want to go into the programming menu and make sure that JK/VR is enabled. It sounds like the mic is in fact either not working or not connected in the back, but it couldn't hurt to check.
Microphone must be plugged in because when you push the VR button it doesn't say that you can't use it, which from what I have read starts to work as sson as it is plugged in.

How do you get to the Programming Menu?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by m5235231
Microphone must be plugged in because when you push the VR button it doesn't say that you can't use it, which from what I have read starts to work as sson as it is plugged in.

How do you get to the Programming Menu?
Press Menu and Seek Up and Seek Down all at once. Be careful though. You don't want to go accidentally changing anything in there as it could brick your MyGig. Once in the diagnostic menu, scroll down and you should see JK/VR Enable or Disable. If it's working, it should say I believe JK/VR Disable, so that when you select it, it disables it. If it says JK/VR Enable, then select it and leave the diagnostic menu and try to pair your phone or try a voice command. Easiest voice commands are for the radio stations I've found. So go to Sirius, press the Uconnect button and say "20" or any other number. I like using the radio, because if the phone didn't pair properly I figure it's possible to not get anywhere saying "Dial Home." etc. At least with Sirius, it should be easy for it to recognize a number and go to it, if it's working.

On a related note, if you do find your Mic is the culprit, you might consider placing it in another location if you ever ride around topless. I can't imagine right up near the windiest place on the Jeep is ideal. The location the factory picked is very close to an open top or even a slightly open window. I placed mine down to the left of the center stack, so that's is far away from any wind as possible:
Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Full body shots!!!! In out all about!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default "new" soft top

Why is there seemingly NO information about this "NEW- easier to use" soft top. What is it? what does it do? and does ANYONE have any actual proof that it exists???
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

More pic's please!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

dude, only a loser would by a jeep in silver...oh wait. never mind.

congrats! good to see another model year is rolling off the line!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

SOFT TOP
Until I put on the soft top I can't send pics. sorry. If I do decide to pull the hard top I cetainly post pictures.

OTHER PICTURES
I Can post more pictures but I assure you that everything else is the same aside from things I have posted.
What else would you like to see?

Is the fuel saver thing new. I can't figure out what it is unless it is on where the odometer is right after trip and it says "eco". then when you take your foot off the accelerator is says "eco on". couldnt get it to stay on with my foot on accelarator.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default New Jeep

Welcome!

Those are big visors.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default visors

not sure if you could know this without having both.... but.... are the at contact points the same distance on both IE are they a direct swap for 08-09 or only for 2010+ ??
Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Donatello
not sure if you could know this without having both.... but.... are the at contact points the same distance on both IE are they a direct swap for 08-09 or only for 2010+ ??
That's what i'd like to know also!!

Quick Reply: Just Picked up 2010