Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just Picked up 2010

Old 09-11-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Picked up 2010

Just got back from picking up our 2010 Silver Jeep Sahara Unlimted. 6 speed, dual top, tow package, anti spin rear, navigation and side airbags.

After sitting a few miles from the dealership at the train yard since Tuesday, it arrived at the Dealer this morning and they got it ready so we could have it for the weekend. Very appreciative of their efforts to get it done,

First thing we tried was the U-phone now that the Navigation system comes with a Microphone. After repeated failed attempts to use voice commands to pair with a phone, we did it manually with success. Made a call with success and the person says hello on the other end. Too bad they could not hear us. The Microphone does not seem to be working. Tried basic commands like next station and stuff but no such luck. Oh well. Hopefully it is just not connected properly.

Wish I could comment on the Soft Top but we decided to not pull the hard top off until the spring.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome Aboard, Shipmate!

CONGRATS on your New 2010 Sahara!

I may be mistaken, but I've read on a few of these forums, that if you have the Dual Top, you need to remove the Soft Top, if you're going to keep the Hard Top on. From what I've read, it can cause damage to either or both tops, if they're both left on together.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Just out of curiosity, where did they put the mic at? And any pics of the new snazzy sun visors with mirrors?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats on you're new ride! And yeah they build the dual tops with the hardtop over the soft top already installed, just pull it out and store it for winter. I don't really know if it can cause any actual damage but it does free up some space in the back.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blackbeard
Welcome Aboard, Shipmate!

CONGRATS on your New 2010 Sahara!

I may be mistaken, but I've read on a few of these forums, that if you have the Dual Top, you need to remove the Soft Top, if you're going to keep the Hard Top on. From what I've read, it can cause damage to either or both tops, if they're both left on together.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
You don't need to removethe soft top. fits nicely as long as you dont want to put something like a TV in back.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
Just out of curiosity, where did they put the mic at? And any pics of the new snazzy sun visors with mirrors?
The Mic is Just to the Left of the Driver's Visor.

I will take a picture of visors and post later or tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on your new ride!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 AM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the new JK. I saw that message about removing the soft top with the hard top on. It is shipped that way and it is fine back there unless you need to put something back there.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jmc
Congrats on the new JK. I saw that message about removing the soft top with the hard top on. It is shipped that way and it is fine back there unless you need to put something back there.
It does recommend (actionally caution) that you should only have one top in at a time.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
You have forced me to go to this icon
It is coming. It is only 1 p.m. EST. I'm still waking up.

Quick Reply: Just Picked up 2010