Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just my luck

Old 09-26-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gump9005
Even if he were in Texas, which he's not, I would still advise not shooting someone over property.

You see, even if you are within the law you will still need to go to court. You will also need a lawyer. The lawyer costs would have a good chance of breaking you financially.
Ditto the JohnnyQuik post. Not that I am looking for people breaking into, robbing my property with the sole idea just to shoot them. But I assure you Gump, you would think twice creeping around a house with the intent to break into a vehicle, rob a house or worse, knowing that at the other end there may be serious repercussions to your own stupidity. More leeway is given to the criminal and taken away from the law abiding citizen. And here he is, the OP, serving in the military putting his life on the line for this scumbag??! His family, his children at home waiting for him to return from his tour of duty....I'd drop that SOB. I live in New York but born and raised in Texas. I get the idea Gump, that the state of Oregon would ask you to close your blinds to your window. For everyone else here, sorry for my little rant....irritates me a little
about the overly inuendo of political correctness.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Jeepster
Ditto the JohnnyQuik post. Not that I am looking for people breaking into, robbing my property with the sole idea just to shoot them. But I assure you Gump, you would think twice creeping around a house with the intent to break into a vehicle, rob a house or worse, knowing that at the other end there may be serious repercussions to your own stupidity. More leeway is given to the criminal and taken away from the law abiding citizen. And here he is, the OP, serving in the military putting his life on the line for this scumbag??! His family, his children at home waiting for him to return from his tour of duty....I'd drop that SOB. I live in New York but born and raised in Texas. I get the idea Gump, that the state of Oregon would ask you to close your blinds to your window. For everyone else here, sorry for my little rant....irritates me a little
about the overly inuendo of political correctness.

Amen! I'm a Southern grown Tennesse girl and have no problem looking down a barrel of a gun at any thief. Hell I have a warning sign on my house that says, "No Trespassing, Owner Will Shoot!!" Dark on my doorstep with the intent to steal or vandalize my property and you will get a round to the dome piece!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the support guys and gals. Just left jeep dealer collision center estimated cost is 15,357.00 wow. That's the quote from dealer can't wait to see what the insurance company says.I think the worst part is that I leave in a month and a half for overseas ad this was my time to enjoy it alittle. I'll be buying tons of parts while overseas so it will be nice when I get back.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1LuckyJK
Thanks for all the support guys and gals. Just left jeep dealer collision center estimated cost is 15,357.00 wow. That's the quote from dealer can't wait to see what the insurance company says.I think the worst part is that I leave in a month and a half for overseas ad this was my time to enjoy it alittle. I'll be buying tons of parts while overseas so it will be nice when I get back.
15k!? No way.. Sure you didnt screw that quote # up?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

$15k for a hood and doors? That doesn't sound right you can almost buy a whole Jeep for that. The dealer is giving someone the shaft...big time
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know I have the sheet for the quote looks like new doors unpainted x 4 plus hood. Parts is like 12 labor the rest. I don't know as long as it gets fixed I don't care. Ill keep u guys updated on it.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Parts alone should be like $1500/pair of doors and maybe $1000 for the hood, so ballpark $4000 total in parts. You could mount everything in under 2 hours so say $100/hour for labor... $4200 total. $15K seems ridiculous. I'm not an expert, I'm just used to searching for parts via catalogs & internet.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Ouch... $15K!...4 doors and a hood, pretty much half the cost of the vehicle. I'd say give me the check for 15K, let me buy my own "stuff".
Old 09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know I have the sheet for the quote looks like new doors unpainted x 4 plus hood. Parts is like 12 labor the rest. I don't know as long as it gets fixed I don't care. Ill keep u guys updated on it.
You should care. Don't let the dealership rip off your insurance company. You're the one that will have to pay in the end. 15 k is straight retarded. I would have laughed out loud if they quoted me that.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

$15k?!?!?!?!

Wow I'm beginning to understand why they were taken now. That's about as crazy as them being stolen in the first place.

Quick Reply: Just my luck