Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just my luck

Old 09-25-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's fun to say you would've shot them while stealing your stuff, but it's a good thing you didn't have a chance.

Instead of the hassle of dealing with your insurance company, you would be dealing with a long-term prison sentence.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2vpblaze
Wow, I have never seen that one before. They must have had a little bit of knowledge with Jeeps. Most people have no idea that the doors even come off now a days. Its gotta suck 10 weeks before you deploy. One more thing to sort out now. Good luck!
They must have since every clip seems to be in perfect condition. Nothing was cut except for one wire on the back windshield. Everything was left in good condition. Didn't even bother with the NAV unit in it.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That stinks!! Good luck with the replacments...
Old 09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gump9005
It's fun to say you would've shot them while stealing your stuff, but it's a good thing you didn't have a chance.

Instead of the hassle of dealing with your insurance company, you would be dealing with a long-term prison sentence.
Do that crap in Texas and see what happens, you wanna take the chance on stealing some property??, then you are willing to take the chance of one to the front or one to the back.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

did someone message pingtime in regards to this incase someone does try to sell him the white doors?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

why the hell would they take the hood
Old 09-25-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KDBinAZ
Very fishy, I would be notifying the local authorities on this one. If someone suddenly supplies pingtime with some white doors it could be a possible lead...same area and all....

That said, it's really sad to see this. Hell I don't even lock my soft top and threw the door nuts away first time I took the doors off.
and they said they dont have the key for the locks
Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sh*t that sucks. People are idiots. That makes me nervous to put exterior mods on a jeep like a roof rack or simple bolt on bumpers. I swear if I woke up and my jeep doors were stolen along with plate carriers and helmets I'd be so pissed.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are a lot more calm then I would have been. I would have been visiting every body shop within an hour radius to see if there were any wrecked JK's in their shops. This was a very specific target, they knew exactly what they wanted and got it. I am guessing a crooked body shop or business, not a smash and grab thief. I also wonder if they had any insiders that worked at the hotel to alert them on what vehicles are in the parking lot....
Old 09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah doors and hood, those are too specific to be taken to just sell, I mean why not the hard top too?

Quick Reply: Just my luck