Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is it just me or...

Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me or...

Do some of these Jeeps that are covered in stickers, what I like to call "stickercharged" just look cheesy?

I mean, do what you want, it's a free world, but putting a block letter name on the hood where "Rubicon" goes just looks silly to me...

Last edited by Bunk; 05-18-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-18-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen a lot of stickers look tasteful and I've seen it look tacky. It's all about choice and artful implementation.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its all about being creative. It just like changing wheels they all just there to hold the tire on and insure it it stay on the Axle but u can paint them any color get then any size. It's about attitude and show u are not a soccer mom. I gotta say there is some ugly ones but I don't hate Because I know there is someone saying some thing I did to my jeep they don't like. So who cares if u don't wanna be creative and can't think of something to call your jeep. U wanna be boring that's on you.

Last edited by jkuforu; 05-18-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

True, I have seen a few that look Ok. Like the modified "Mountain" designs. I just cringe when I see the ones that have block letters that look like they were purchased from Home Depot (house address letters) and say something like "Tough Guy"...
Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bunk
True, I have seen a few that look Ok. Like the modified "Mountain" designs. I just cringe when I see the ones that have block letters that look like they were purchased from Home Depot (house address letters) and say something like "Tough Guy"...
Lol. I know I have seen that before. How anyone thinks that looks good is beyond me?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not a fan of stickers at all, but to each his own. Kind of reminds me of this dude I see locally rolling in an 80's 2wd ranger with big cock cowboy across his windshield.....In the kmart stick on letters of course. I lol every time I see him.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Can I rant?

One thing I can't stand are those 'shocker' stickers... that stupid hand symbol thing. See them on twenty-somethings vehicles all too often.

What are they trying to get across?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yo_marc
Can I rant?

One thing I can't stand are those 'shocker' stickers... that stupid hand symbol thing. See them on twenty-somethings vehicles all too often.

2 in the pink and 1 in the stink?!?! As stupid as they look, we were all once teens and 20 somethings. I always had band stickers on my cars when I was a kid.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yo_marc
Can I rant?

Perhaps they are just Wichita State Fans
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GaMtnJk
Perhaps they are just Wichita State Fans
I had to look them up - hah

That could make sense....

Quick Reply: Is it just me or...