Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just got Hosed on price increase

Old 02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRockJK
Man that sucks on the price increase, but it looks like I barely missed that one.

Mine was released from the factory and invoiced on 2/1/2007 so I'm guessing that one day saved me $400?
They actually have a program called Price Protection. As long as your order was in the day before a price increase, with you name assigned to the order in the DealerConnect system, then you are safe. The dealers just have to apply for price protection on their side. Kinda like entering for a rebate, they enter a code when entering the report of sale to the factory and they are credited the price difference.

Teh key is that the vehicle had to be inetered into the system as a sold order and reported as sold to the person whose name was on the build sheet prior to the price increase.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
Funny how many #1 volume dealers in the country there are.

For the record, the #1 volume Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer in the entire world is Dave Smith Motors located in Kellogg, Idaho.
funny thing is, i was talking to a friend about perhaps ordering through his dealership rather than my local guys. he said he worked for "the biggest one in the country". i had asked him for the name/zip code of the place so i could search their inventory online. while awaiting his reply, i read your post. when i checked back to his msg, turns out he works for dave smith - how weird

Last edited by superboo; 02-06-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They actually have a program called Price Protection. As long as your order was in the day before a price increase, with you name assigned to the order in the DealerConnect system, then you are safe. The dealers just have to apply for price protection on their side. Kinda like entering for a rebate, they enter a code when entering the report of sale to the factory and they are credited the price difference.

Teh key is that the vehicle had to be inetered into the system as a sold order and reported as sold to the person whose name was on the build sheet prior to the price increase.
So if my order was in the system on Dec 2nd last year, they can apply for price protection for the earlier price increase? I asked the dealer about that and he said the factory doesn't do price protection any more. What was the amount of the 1st price increase on an Unlimited Rubicon?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiRed
So if my order was in the system on Dec 2nd last year, they can apply for price protection for the earlier price increase? I asked the dealer about that and he said the factory doesn't do price protection any more. What was the amount of the 1st price increase on an Unlimited Rubicon?
The first price went up roughly $204 I believe. Print this and show it to them:

PRICE PROTECTION

Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to February 2, 2007
will be price protected provided that:

THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER
PRIOR TO SHIP DATE (KZ); the vehicle is delivered
to the ordering customer within (10) working
days after being received by the dealer (X date)
and the sale is reported to DaimlerChrysler under the
DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.

You (the dealer) must claim price protection by inserting the price protection

program number 27E7A on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when
reporting the sale.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first price went up roughly $204 I believe. Print this and show it to them:

PRICE PROTECTION

Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to February 2, 2007
will be price protected provided that:

THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER
PRIOR TO SHIP DATE (KZ); the vehicle is delivered
to the ordering customer within (10) working
days after being received by the dealer (X date)
and the sale is reported to DaimlerChrysler under the
DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.

You (the dealer) must claim price protection by inserting the price protection

program number 27E7A on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when
reporting the sale.
Thanks Jeff! I just found my original order printout, looks like the 1st price increase was $230 MSRP, $205 FWP. Looks like I can possibly save a couple hundred more $$$.

Wow, $630 of price increases in less than 2 months.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiconToad
Was in the dealership on Friday, 2-2-08, had dealer price my build on dealerconnect, got my best price. Shopped price on dealer, decided it was best price. Go in this morning, Monday 2-5-08, DCX increased price on Wranglers another (*&(^%%&^% $400.
don't feel bad, at least your dealer was just behind the curve and wasn't aware of the price update that you were going to be shafted with regardless. me, i'm the only one to blame. we settled on a price on thursday nite and i told them that i wanted to talk to the wife about it and walked out of the dealership with the dealer signed/guaranteed deal in my hand (thinking i'd be sly and work them down further friday afternoon). ya, that worked out REAL well for me...

Quick Reply: Just got Hosed on price increase