Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just got Hosed on price increase

Old 02-05-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got Hosed on price increase

Was in the dealership on Friday, 2-2-07, had dealer price my build on dealerconnect, got my best price. Shopped price on dealer, decided it was best price. Go in this morning, Monday 2-5-07, DCX increased price on Wranglers another (*&(^%%&^% $400.

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS ON FRIDAY. I saw todays dealer news on vehicle changes that the dealership gets from DCX on DealerConnect, it says price increase effective 2-2-7. AH NOOOOO. I had a build priced on Friday afternoon on dealerconnect and there WAS NO PRICE INCREASE.

I almost changed my mind. I am sooooooooo angry with DCX, how can they slide a price increase without any notice. And basically backdate it. Of course had I known this Friday I wouldn't have waited. I just threw $400 out the window. On top of the price increase from January, that is almost an extra grand on the same *&&%%* vehicle.

If I don't calm down I may just cancel the order and NEVER buy another DCX product again.

Last edited by RubiconToad; 02-07-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

They sent out an email to all dealers on Friday noting the price increase efffective 2/2/07. Daily News is not where this info is posted first because the pricing increases do not come from the factory that builds them, which the daily news does.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess I should be peeved at the dealer then, they apparently were not on top of thier info like they should have been.

I'm still quite p.o'd, and the dealer knows it. Maybe they will step up and give me some consideration when delivery comes. I'm glad at least it is ordered, my dealer even called with my V.O.N. already, and he claims he is the # 1 volume dealer in the country, so we shall see.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny how many #1 volume dealers in the country there are.

For the record, the #1 volume Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer in the entire world is Dave Smith Motors located in Kellogg, Idaho.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee

For the record, the #1 volume Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer in the entire world is Dave Smith Motors located in Kellogg, Idaho.
Really? In Idaho? Never been there, but would never expect that!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cdash
Really? In Idaho? Never been there, but would never expect that!!
I bought mine from Dave Smith Motors,I pick it up on Friday
Old 02-05-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee

Yah I figured, I translated that to mean "we sell a lot of jeeps"
Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

People go from all the surrounding states to buy from there. I keep hearing he gives unreal prices and makes his money on the fact that he sells more than anyone else in the WORLD! I just didn't want to drive 10 hours.

Bryan
Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 PM
JK Freak

I would have bought from there if I didn't go through a friend in So Cal. I lived in Idaho a long time ago and would love an excuse to drive a Jeep around there.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Man that sucks on the price increase, but it looks like I barely missed that one.

Mine was released from the factory and invoiced on 2/1/2007 so I'm guessing that one day saved me $400?

Quick Reply: Just got Hosed on price increase