Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just got back from AEV...

Old 11-03-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from AEV...

Well since I'm going to school here in Missoula, MT I decided that I would have to check out AEV. It was a little difficult to find but once I got close I could definitely tell I was in the right spot. I got to talking with the sales manager and he kindly walked me around their shop and showed me all the different lift set ups that they offer as well as his personal rig (may I mention it was quite bitchin!)

Kent Klein, the guy I talked with was very nice and gave my friend and I a ride in his rig. May I also add that he had the 6.1L HEMI in it as well as the 4.5 premium kit that AEV offers. The initial startup of that HEMI sold me right there. As soon as I gather up the funds, I'm pulling the trigger. The comparison between his rig and mine power wise were like night and day. WOW is all I have to say. He then proceeded to take some high speed turns back to back showing just how stable as well as slamming on the brakes and I was quite surprised. At 50 MPH we went from one side of the road to the other and not once did I feel 'unsafe' the rig remained completely stable as well as when he slammed on the breaks. Barely any dive in the front. The ride was absolutely calm as could be. I would state better than stock in fact.

AEV is definitely the company of choice I will be buying from once I can. If anybody is considering lifts, I would definitely look into the AEV kits
Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really like our 4.5" premium lift that we got from them!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

I really liked the way it looked as well! Going there today pretty much made up my mind for where I want to go with my lift. What size tires are you running? I'm thinking of going with 37's...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BStelling
I really liked the way it looked as well! Going there today pretty much made up my mind for where I want to go with my lift. What size tires are you running? I'm thinking of going with 37's...
Thanks
They are 315/70r17 duratracs that measure about 34". I went with the 4.5" cause I know that I will be going bigger once I can get the new Dynatrac axles. I think they make quality products. Woull love to get the hood and snorkel setup they have.
One thing at a time...........
Old 11-04-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that I have always been very impressed with the AEV builds and products when I have been to their Missoula shop, as well as with the parts that I have gotten in the mail.

My wife likes AEV just because Dave Harrington has mastif, and she has always wanted one.

Who know, maybe I will see what new items they have when I am there in over Thanksgiving. I may need to buy a new suitcase for the plane.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I know that I have always been very impressed with the AEV builds and products when I have been to their Missoula shop, as well as with the parts that I have gotten in the mail.

My wife likes AEV just because Dave Harrington has mastif, and she has always wanted one.

Who know, maybe I will see what new items they have when I am there in over Thanksgiving. I may need to buy a new suitcase for the plane.
Get a really biiiiiiggg suitcase!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Went to thier Michigan facility and took a ride in a Hemi powered JK back in March, took me rwo weeks to get the smile off my face. I also had to drive my 3.8 beck home, but I still love my Jeep
Old 11-04-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

My Goal and dream in life, is to get all of AEV's products on my jk. I love the Bumper, perfect design. Love the breathable Hood, Love the 5.7L HEMI kit, Love the Snorkel, And most of all I love all their Jeeps on the show Dangerous Drives!

They are my favorite Wheeling company, Just dont have the cash to afford the best

Much respect to their staff, They built monsters

Some day I will!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

I originally wanted nothing to do with them, thought their stuff was overpriced..

After some researching, I realized that was not the case at all.

I am slowly but surely building myself an AEV Jeep.

To date:
AEV 3.5" Premium lift with drop brackets
AEV Corner guards
AEV Snorkel with both tops
AEV Tire Carrier
AEV Pro-cal and jack base
AEV Savagre wheels on order
AEV badging (they actually sent me all the decals except windshield)

Future: (and likely in this order)

AEV Hood
AEV front premium bumper with winch delete
AEV rear bumper

Quick Reply: Just got back from AEV...