Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JKu Rental, Myrtle Beach

Old 07-15-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKu Rental, Myrtle Beach

Hi all, headed to Myrtle Beach, SC in a couple days. Going to order my '12 in a couple weeks, so in the mean time, hoping there is a place I can rent a JKU in or around Myrtle Beach next week and hit up some beaches. Speaking of, if I do find a rental, anyone know any good beaches to hit up? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

If "hit up" means drive on the beach, that's illegal on any beach in SC. You'll have to drive north 2 hours to find a beach you can legally drive on. I know one of the major rental companies (Enterprise?) used to have Jeeps in their fleet over by the airport. I'd do some online searches.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I couldn't find any jeeps to rent in the Toledo area. I called every company and even tried to borrow one from the dealer.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Johnny's right, there's no driving on the beach here. I think the closest drivable beach is Kure, NC. I haven't seen any Jeeps lately at any of the rental places I pass. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If I see anything in the next few days, I'll let you know.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Go to Sullivans island. It's great. Very clean beach with very few shells
Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. I know I should have done a little research on my own, but been very busy right before vacation with work/home projects/packing/etc.

I did check online at the Enterprise here, and they do list 2 dr jeeps, however they were all sold out. Oh well, have to wait until I get mine and can come down to the outerbanks.

Quick Reply: JKu Rental, Myrtle Beach