Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JKS price increase?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, even their quick disconnects went up $30. I agree with Olean NY Jeeper though, if I need control arms, Clayton will get my business. There is no way I can spend $600 - $700 on control arms.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A $30 or $40 increase I can understand, $260 is out of line, don't buy them.

I can't wait for China to have minimum wage. This will bring back jobs to the states again.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello. JKS did have a price increase as of March 1st. We buy disconnects and a few other items from them to complete our lift kits.

We are doing our best to keep prices at their currnet level, but it won't last for too much longer.

Steel prices went up a lot. Johnny joint prices went up, along with may other items used or part of making the kits.

I think we have not increased prices in over 3 years, and will hold out as long as possible.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JKS is looking at redesigning the control arms only becuase they cost so much to MFG . they were loosing money everytime the sold one. Look for a update on the control arms in the next few months.

David
Old 03-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea, even their quick disconnects went up $30.
They did?

I show a price increase of three dollars.

David
Old 03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
They did?

I show a price increase of three dollars.

David
I could have sworn you had them on your site for $120, but maybe that was a different set of disconnects I was looking at. They offer so many different sets that I'm sure I got confused.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the land of inflation. Get most products made elsewhere and rape the consumer here. The steel market is driven by demand- Chinese demand. They must have steel to keep their economy booming- and are willing to bid it to the moon to get it. A junk car is bringing 5 or 6 times what it was 18 months ago. It's NOT going to change- it will only get WORSE. Pay off your debt and save what you can- it's going to get much much worse. All governments eventually collapse from within- ours will not survive Congress's lack of loyalty to the nation. Congress has milked the cow dry. Our national debt is insurmountable without a strong industrial base, which Congress made sure has been transferred offshore to line the pockets of the monied class and their lackeys in Congress.

Quick Reply: JKS price increase?