Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk went up in flames last night....

Old 04-13-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N2rock
was it an automatic? I seem to recall that every one of them that have gone up in flames (so far) has been an automatic Unlimited.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear anyone in gov't or DC is connecting the dots. And will probably require a few serious injuries (or death) before anyone addresses the possible problem.
Hmm... interesting
I remember hearing the other stories also, but don't remember any of the details. It would be interesting to put some puzzle pieces together.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you get the small slight ding meaning the tranny is overheating mine dings a bit so i always stop and let her cool down maybe someday jeep will open there eyes and realize this problem before somone doesnt make it out ok. im glad you are ok in the end thats all that matters go ahead and order you a rubi now 6spd
Old 04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to here about your jk bud, glad ur ok!
Old 04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another JK unlimited auto? InterestingNow that is too bad about your loss. I am glad you got out all right. I carry a fire extinguisher but I hope I never need it.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Damn that sucks,wish we all knew why this is happening.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a video but its hard to see so its not worth posting.... I think the pics explain it all..... I didn't have any type of ding for the tranny. 2K I will keep you up to date what did they do with your brothers situation? I guess my insurance is going to take care of everything so.... Its under comprehensive. Tomorrow I am going to go up and get pics of it in the lot.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Oh man, really sorry to hear about this. Glad you're ok though.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Brycer
Sorry for the quality they are cell phone pics tomorrow Im going to borrow a camera from a friend being that i lost mine and my laptop.

On the bright side, looks like you could salvage the front bumper frame, rear bumper and a few of the wheels, someone might want to buy them, just make sure to advertise them as "These items are Hot!!!

Not to make light of the situation, but hopefully a little laughter will help.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
On the bright side, looks like you could salvage the front bumper frame, rear bumper and a few of the wheels, someone might want to buy them, just make sure to advertise them as "These items are Hot!!!

Not to make light of the situation, but hopefully a little laughter will help.
LoL I think we have said almost all the jokes in the house hold. The cop pulled up and asked if he was supposed to bring the weenies or marsh mellows.

I saw the front hooks were good and I looked at my dad and said well I guess there strong enough to pull a jeep out.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

This is an issue for sure. I know someone at a local 4x4 shop that knew someone who's JK burned also. I'm sure that there are many peole out there that don't come to this site and have had this issue also. If it were me, I would surely have a lawer, or at the minimum be in contact with a higher up within Chrysler giving me some really good explanations.

Quick Reply: Jk went up in flames last night....