Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk went up in flames last night....

Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 4 pounder and mounted it yesterday. I have a 5lb in the garage that needs to be serviced since it is several years old. Brycers problems convinced me to stop messing around and do it.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brycer, sorry to hear about the Jeep, glad to hear you are ok.

We have procrastinated on the subject of extinguishers in our older cars for years. After reading one of the first of these threads, we put one in EVERY vehicle.

And to some of those who say why bother with an extinguisher, I say it's good inexpensive protection. At the very least it can give you a little more time to get everybody out safely. And you never know when you'll be in a situation where you could help someone else who doesn't have one.

Another good (simple) thing to have is a "life hammer". We have one in every vehicle. Make sure it's easily accessible. If children and car seats are involved, the seat belts can be cut quickly if need be.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker92
Note to self.....

Buy a Fire Extinguisher..
Best Post on Here
Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fuel line routing

I was wondering if there is a difference in the way the fuel lines are routed between auto/manual trans....
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Water In Tranny

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Hmmmm... now the question is... All of those with the fires... did you wheel your jeep through water???
The bands and clutch plates in the auto tranny have their friction facing material bonded to them with water based adhesives since they spend their entire working lives immersed in trans fluid ( oil based). Thats why any moisture in an automatic transmission causes catastropic results. If water had been in the transmission he would not have been driving down the road with no symptoms or trouble....
Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

That's just awful! I'm glad you got out ok. Keep us posted as to what caused this. I will be buying a fire extinguisher this weekend with you in mind.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Insurance is covering most of it and I found out I had gap insurance I didn't know I signed for so that is a perk.

After- "the fire was so hot it melted the Radiator.now its a nice paper weight in my garage."

Old 05-04-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOLY SH** thats unbelieveable after seeing those pics how bad it burned up. Glad your insurance is coving and you have the gap. Any idea if that would cover mods? They come up with any idea's on what started it?
Old 05-04-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Another 4 Door In Flames Wake Up Dc And Smell The Burning Rubber

Looks Like Another Firestone Epidemic

Glad You Are Ok
Old 05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are covering the lift, The diff cover I won at Jeep jamboree so that was kind of a kick in the nuts but... Whatever..

Quick Reply: Jk went up in flames last night....