Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk went up in flames last night....

Old 04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember someone posting on here a 2 door catching on fire. If I remember correctly, it was a rental, completely stock, going down the freeway - it was an auto.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are right here is the thread talking about the 2dr and another jk that burned

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...rental&page=12
Old 04-14-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brycer
HMMM.,..... I will let them buy my silence but are they going to be able to buy my fathers silence???? or the people I work with or this great forum? LOL

By "silence", I think he meant legal action.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you just fillup the gas tank? I was wondering if some of these fires are caused by topping off the fuel tank by putting as much gas in the tank as they can, therefore filling the evaporater canister with raw gas.

Howdy
Old 04-14-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by N2rock
What is up with this "ding", and why are these transmissions overheating?

Last summer I pulled a motorcycle trailer (combined weight of 1500lbs) and had my rear seat down and interior completely filled with stuff. Basically, I was heavy. Drove all day in 100f+ temps, and in some pretty hilly areas. And never had the "ding". Guess I was lucky- especially compared to these stories of people getting the ding during just a normal drive down the freeway.

So what is causing some of these to overheat and some not to?

Do you have the tow package? I though that I read that you get a better cooler with the tow package option.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

No the tow package does not have any different cooler
Old 04-14-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Hey maybe everyone with the jeeps that have gone on fire should give their insurance companies a link/copy of the threads on this forum about the fires and the almost fire with the trans fluid that boiled over. Maybe that will help them go after Chrysler.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
All the insurance investigation will determine really is that arson is not why the jeep burned. They may be able to determine the cause.
I lost a vehicle (not a Jeep) to an under hood fire, and can vouch for investigators' limited diagnostic abilities... just like 2k2wranglerx wrote, all they'll probably say (read: be willing to go on record as saying) is that you didn't torch it yourself.

I hope that I'm wrong, and that they can clearly pinpoint a defect in the vehicle, so that ChryCo has to take care of you! But, set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

My insurance company said they are going after chrysler so far.... I donno where it will get me maybe we should all just throw them up on a flat bed and park them out in chryslers lot.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brycer
My insurance company said they are going after chrysler so far.... I donno where it will get me maybe we should all just throw them up on a flat bed and park them out in chryslers lot.
Hey Brycer, I hope it all works out good for you. I am guessing you told the insurance company about the other jeeps burning?

I think the insurance companies should all get together and park the jeeps on flatbeds in the Plants lot or right near it, get some attention quick

Quick Reply: Jk went up in flames last night....