Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk went up in flames last night....

Old 04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brycer
The more I think about it I have had the ding before but no lights or like I said before I had the red light in the center of the dash come on. I might have to call the x g/f and see if she remembers it.
If that is true, I'd be willing to bet that your tranny boiled over. ATF is very flamable and as I has stated before, it would have dribbled all over a very HOT cat and exhaust system.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I"ve heard a ding in my 6 speed before out of the blue, and no lights... thought it was tpms.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
If that is true, I'd be willing to bet that your tranny boiled over. ATF is very flamable and as I has stated before, it would have dribbled all over a very HOT cat and exhaust system.
Eddie, do you have a Trans cooler?
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Im not saying that it happend the other night but I think I remember a random ding maybe once or twice way back when..... Id have to ask her..... that is if she will even answere me. I do remember the light coming on though it was like a red triangle I think with an arrrow. I took it in they never found anything....
Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet if it was an overheating transmission and fluid boiling out of the dipstick that It was not the first time that transmission has done it.

I know that with boats, I have large white absorbent mats that I place under the engines, which easily allows me to see if the engines are leaking any fluids.

Im thinking of buying a small amount and zip-tying it to the trans filler tube so that I can see if any fluid is boiling out of the tube. Then again I have so much mud on the dipstick Im sure the trans fluid will just wash away the mud and the mat wouldnt be necessary
Old 04-14-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

called the x she didn't answere left her a message maybe she will call back.... kinda akward.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dayton
Eddie, do you have a Trans cooler?
Dayton his is a 6spd, so his wont really have this problem

I really think it would be great if Griffin came up with a drop in replacement for our trans cooler/air cond, but dont know if they would want to go near this problem
Old 04-14-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tkob1060

I really think it would be great if Griffin came up with a drop in replacement for our trans cooler/air cond, but dont know if they would want to go near this problem
hmmm... I always assumed his was an auto too! He never chimes in the Manual Tranny problem threads!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060

DUH. I think I left my brain at home this morning... I'm forgetting everything. Too much Tequila this weekend.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

OK I just sent Griffin radiator a email asking about them making a direct replacement for our crappyass trans cooler/air cond. Hopefully they can come up with something that would work fast.

maybe more of us should send them an email

Quick Reply: Jk went up in flames last night....