Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Wave

Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I noticed that the more hooked up your jeep is the less people wave, day one with my stock JK everyone waved, 4"lift and 35's some waves not as many now 5.5 LA lift 37's very very few waves...
Oh well
Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

I was driving on a 4 lane hwy and got a wave from someone going the opposite direction Gotta love Wisconsin.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 915RUBICON
Well I noticed that the more hooked up your jeep is the less people wave, day one with my stock JK everyone waved, 4"lift and 35's some waves not as many now 5.5 LA lift 37's very very few waves...
Oh well
It's the opposite in my area. All the modified Jeeps (no matter which model) wave at each other.
I love it when the ladies are cool enough to wave also.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Chenged it up.

Recently I decided to change the wave up. I started giving a big salute. Some people look at me like I'm crazy. My wife cracks up when I do it. If you get a Jeep salute in Jersey, it's probably me.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Howie
I find that Jeeps that have mods tend to wave more then the stock..just an observation here in Florida
This seems to be the norm for me also - more mods the bigger the wave.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I drive a JKU and wave, but get a response out of about half. Usually the younger they are the less likely they are to wave back. I'm in central Alabama.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide
... now I even have some of the soccer moms waving back.
They're learning. Just keep on waving and don't get discouraged if someone doesn't return it.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man all I will say is in my neck of the woods, the darn wave is dead and it pisses me off. I wave to every jeep that I drive by, I dont care about year, gender or anything. I get nothing, espically from other JK's, except one tj rubi in town. It has to be because of the JK because in my TJ I always got a wave. That is sad, I was excited about the JKU and staying in the jeep community. We take the jeep everywhere seriously we put on 12 thousand miles on jeep and 5 thousand on the truck. I hate driving anything other then my jeep. "They" might not like it, but I love it, and my family loves it.

p.s. this forum rocks, I have and continue to learn alot...thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Here, North of Chicago, the JKs are just for show and driven by people who are oblivious to "Jeep life". I can only assume that they bought a Jeep to show off. So waves are minimal.

I did just get a "nod" by a TJ yesterday though Usually if I get a wave, its because they're not from around here and just passing through
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm happy to report that the wave is alive and strong here in southwestern Ontario!

I wave to 100% of the CJ's/TJ's/JK's and get about a 80% return rate on average! LOL

I'd also like to mention, that there seems to be a lot of lovely ladies rocking Wranglers in this area!

Can't wait for summer when they are all topless....

I mean the Jeeps guys, the Jeeps.

Quick Reply: JK Wave