Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Wave

Old 01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Wave

I travelled a long scenic route through Southern Colorado on Sunday and waved at every Jeep as I did. Five JK drivers waved back, all five that I passed. I waved at one TJ driver and nothing, he seemed oblivious. So the wave isn't dead, just limited in scope.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default The wave

Here in Maryland the wave is dead, I wave at every jeep I pass and nuthin no acknowledgement whatso ever. Back in NC I had jeepers waving at me before I could wave at them.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I find that Jeeps that have mods tend to wave more then the stock..just an observation here in Florida
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live down here in Louisiana and I would get waves all the time when I was in my TJ. Now that I am driving around in my JK I don't get as many waves. I think lots of people bought jeeps just to say they have one. Nothing chaps my @ss more than waving at a fellow Jeeper and not get one back.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Out here, a high percentage of Jeeps are driven by tourists. If its a bare bones JK I normally don't wave. I gave/received a couple up towards the North Shore/Wahiawa area yesterday.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

I'll wave to Jeeps with mods if i'm paying attention.
I don't to stock Jeeps so I can see how much of a big deal they make about it on forums.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

I always wave to everyone.... not very many wave back maybe its bc I'm a girl or bc no mods have been done yet but I keep trying!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

To the OP...back home in Colorado, pretty much every 4th vehicle is a Jeep. To wave at them all, you would pretty much just have to keep your hand up all day. Not to say I don't support the wave, just letting you know the way it is there. the subtle nod is more common. Its always an adjustment when I go back home on leave getting used to the 'wave' etiquette in CO. Its just not as exclusive of a group being a Jeeper in CO since its Jeep heaven and everyone has one.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Howie
I find that Jeeps that have mods tend to wave more then the stock..just an observation here in Florida
I do the same. Here in Indy it seems like nobody with a stock jeep waves, only the ones with mods
Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Weekends

I also find the waves happen more on the weekends.

Quick Reply: JK Wave