Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Unlimited a jeep or not

Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee - are those Jeeps?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a 2 door. Love it. If I had the insurance money -- 06 was stolen, hence getting the 08 -- I would have gone 4 door; more space for family and miscellaneous equipment I need on the trails or for camping, etc.

So as for your neighbor, keep waving... it will get under his skin if he's that arrogant.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
I have a 2 door. Love it. If I had the insurance money -- 06 was stolen, hence getting the 08 -- I would have gone 4 door; more space for family and miscellaneous equipment I need on the trails or for camping, etc.

So as for your neighbor, keep waving... it will get under his skin if he's that arrogant.
Friggin great!

I got the unltd because I needed to seat five(we've adopted 3 children). So instead of me being the only kid in the house...well...I build a lot more cool little gadgets and toys now.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are probably the same guys who said the Internet was a "fad."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/106554/output/print

Consider today's online world. The Usenet, a worldwide bulletin board, allows anyone to post messages across the nation. Your word gets out, leapfrogging editors and publishers. Every voice can be heard cheaply and instantly. The result? Every voice is heard. The cacophany more closely resembles citizens band radio, complete with handles, harrasment, and anonymous threats. When most everyone shouts, few listen. How about electronic publishing? Try reading a book on disc. At best, it's an unpleasant chore: the myopic glow of a clunky computer replaces the friendly pages of a book. And you can't tote that laptop to the beach. Yet Nicholas Negroponte, director of the MIT Media Lab, predicts that we'll soon buy books and newspapers straight over the Intenet. Uh, sure.

What the Internet hucksters won't tell you is tht the Internet is one big ocean of unedited data, without any pretense of completeness. Lacking editors, reviewers or critics, the Internet has become a wasteland of unfiltered data. You don't know what to ignore and what's worth reading. Logged onto the World Wide Web, I hunt for the date of the Battle of Trafalgar. Hundreds of files show up, and it takes 15 minutes to unravel them—one's a biography written by an eighth grader, the second is a computer game that doesn't work and the third is an image of a London monument. None answers my question, and my search is periodically interrupted by messages like, "Too many connectios, try again later."

Won't the Internet be useful in governing? Internet addicts clamor for government reports. But when Andy Spano ran for county executive in Westchester County, N.Y., he put every press release and position paper onto a bulletin board. In that affluent county, with plenty of computer companies, how many voters logged in? Fewer than 30. Not a good omen.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bad_CRC

My friend,
1- My top is also painted, and I love it... I've never had so many good comments about one of my Jeeps since I painted the top...But anyway, I like it and it's just paint...

2- GM is shutting Hummer...

Quick Reply: JK Unlimited a jeep or not