Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Truck

Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
*sigh* you are probably right
:sad:

OK I'm finished. No need to call the Wambulance.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
*sigh* you are probably right
I know, it hurts :/

But hey, lets look at the upside..if you're seeing them show up this soon - I'm sure someone is making a kit for it, because obviously theres more than zero interest which means if you really want one you can do it without having to mfg it yourself -- And thats cool.

In about 5 years when the newness is worn off a lot of the current JKs, you'll probably see a lot more of this stuff. And that too is cool. Hooray aftermarket!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
TEV
JK Freak

I think there would be a lot of interest in the truck personally. Its really not any less practical than a 2door Jeep.

One thing I want to know tho is how can I get this bumper???? or lack there of? I have heard it been called the AEV military style bumper but AEV didn't know what it was. Anyone have any info?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEV
One thing I want to know tho is how can I get this bumper???? or lack there of? I have heard it been called the AEV military style bumper but AEV didn't know what it was. Anyone have any info?
I really like the look of it also, and was thinking of going this route but I'm not sure how it would look with full fenders that have not been clipped.

Quadratec has an "AEV Winch Mount" which I think is being used as a bumper in this application (and also on the orange skunkwerks Jeep from SEMA). Product page is here:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12049_101_07.htm

Don't know if they're shipping or if any civilian not affiliated with AEV or DC has actually gotten their hands on one... would love more info as well.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
I really like the look of it also, and was thinking of going this route but I'm not sure how it would look with full fenders that have not been clipped.

Quadratec has an "AEV Winch Mount" which I think is being used as a bumper in this application (and also on the orange skunkwerks Jeep from SEMA). Product page is here:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12049_101_07.htm

Don't know if they're shipping or if any civilian not affiliated with AEV or DC has actually gotten their hands on one... would love more info as well.
yup that looks like it, but ummm ehhh are they really charging $249 for a bent piece of steel with holes cut in it?????

Wondering about thos shackles now. I know purejeep makes some similar ones but they arn't the same.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

yes yes yes, looks cool. lets compare TRUCKS

brute:

the old CJ 10:

i always wanted a scrambler myself...best of both worlds, 4x4, jeep, and a bed that never has to be made

Old 04-05-2007, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default White Wheels

Anyone know anything about the white wheels? I apologize if it was in the thread, I'm reading fast between meetings!!!!

I'd love to get a set of those white wheels for my 79 CJ!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AJSJK
Anyone know anything about the white wheels? I apologize if it was in the thread, I'm reading fast between meetings!!!!

I'd love to get a set of those white wheels for my 79 CJ!!!
Or a set of those painted to match the body to evoke that Rescue look that I like so much? Hmm...
Old 04-05-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Sorry, but I'm not seeing how this is more appealing than the JK in it's form as it is now. Why take away the sexy Freedom top/soft top and put that on? You want a truck, get a Dodge 2500 CTD...It looks TONS better....
Old 04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bighaeb
Sorry, but I'm not seeing how this is more appealing than the JK in it's form as it is now. Why take away the sexy Freedom top/soft top and put that on? You want a truck, get a Dodge 2500 CTD...It looks TONS better....
I want a truck with the capability of a jeep, straight axles and lockers. Please tell me where I can a buy a dodge like that. Plus the top on the truck is removable and in my opinion it is sexy as hell. Just because you don't find it appealing doesn't mean it won't sell or they shouldn't make it.

Quick Reply: JK Truck