Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Tools

Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Craftsman 1/2 also. A couple attachments and it's good to go. I've never used anything else but have no gripes about it but the price..
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JayKay69
x2 on the harbor freights. they aren't the best ones but are much easier on the wallet
I love Harbor Freight, to the point where every member of my family and my wife rib me endlessly about it. But Harbor Freight is not a place to buy accuracy related tools. Stick with Craftsman at the least on those items.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HF torque wrenches are as accurate as the high dollar ones. On my GTO forum a professional mechanic compared his high dollar torque wrench to a HF one and mentioned that both were comparable.

Another thing is that Craftman Torque Wrenches are MADE IN CHINA just like the HF ones. Go to Sears or Kmart and check yourself if you don't believe me.

Craftman Torque Wrenches also have a 90 day warranty instead of the lifetime one for HF. Again check at the store before saying I'm wrong.

I did my research and visited Sears before making my decision.

Quote from the Forum:
"No. I can tell you from first hand experience that ALL of the newer gen Craftsman TQ wrenches are absolute junk. I racked up a bunch of points in my old sears card and used them on 2 Craftsman TQ wrenches. I went through about 4-5 of them before I asked for a refund. My $19.99 Harbor Freight torque wrench is more accurate than Craftsman junk. Craftsman is no longer what it used to be, and never will be again. They've sold out to the cheapest bidder overseas. "

Last edited by goaterguy; 08-02-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by goaterguy
HF torque wrenches are as accurate as the high dollar ones. On my GTO forum a professional mechanic compared his high dollar torque wrench to a HF one and mentioned that both were comparable.

Another thing is that Craftman Torque Wrenches are MADE IN CHINA just like the HF ones. Go to Sears or Kmart and check yourself if you don't believe me.

Craftman Torque Wrenches also have a 90 day warranty instead of the lifetime one for HF. Again check at the store before saying I'm wrong.

I did my research and visited Sears before making my decision.
I got the same info on the Harley forums that's why I returned my craftsman for the HF's (Pittsburg). For the price of one craftsman torque wrench I got 1/2, 3/8 and the 1/4. Best bang for the buck.

Last edited by DarkS1de; 08-02-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Quick Reply: JK Tools