Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

jk speeders!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jk speeders!

ok just for the record... is there ANY REASON to be doing over 90mph in a 4dr jk?!?!. i was in my work vehicle on rt 78 in left lane. i was movin. had to get someone somewhere quick. so i am doin 85ish and i look in rearview and here is mr. suit and tie in his red 4dr riding my ass! then he proceeds to try and scoot around me changin lanes like he is bobby labonte! i dont get it!! when i drive my jk i feel like if i go over 70 i am breaking the "jeep code". maybe its cause i live in nj and everyone has to be somewhere NOW! i have never seen someone drivin a jk like this guy. he must not like his jk... or his life. sorry had to tell someone.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a reason to do over 90 in anything? Yikes. Maybe he's into Hypomiling.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi

when i am at work i drive a very rich impatient, important person around so i drive fast. kinda have to. in my own vehicle i drive slo.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

I know that when I test drove a JK with a Hemi in it and was told to step on it to get the feel of the motor I got up to 95. On the freeway I usually stay to the speed limit, and up to five over.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

a jk??? 90 mph? good one......
Old 09-18-2009, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi

I know I had a Rescue Green 2 door Rubicon right on my tail in my Work truck coming home on the highway. Guy was peaking out every possible straight away to pass....and thinking of passing on 2 solid yellow lines.....Got real sick of it in a hurry.....pumped up my Diesel chip and fed him some dark coal smoke.....had him back off in a real hurry!

Then he got by me on a passing lane....and about 5 minutes from home.....RCMP had him pulled over....and I just happened to pull up....and inform the officer that he was tailgating as well....RCMP officer thank me and wrote him up for speeding and tailgating! In any normal case I would not have stopped but this JK owner just happened to tailgate me on a crappy work day!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

I'll admit I take my Jeep to the threshold, i can easily take to 90, hell i been over 100 a few times, but usually just cruise at 75-80. I know im going to flamed for this but hey there are people that drive faster, one thing for sure I DONT DO is ride anyone if they are in my way, I slow down, give distance and pass when I can. I know this is strictly dangerous, and im aware of it, on do those speeds on my fast lane, usually or almost all the time here the fast lane is clear and open.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastrat350
I'll admit I take my Jeep to the threshold, i can easily take to 90, hell i been over 100 a few times, but usually just cruise at 75-80. I know im going to flamed for this but hey there are people that drive faster, one thing for sure I DONT DO is ride anyone if they are in my way, I slow down, give distance and pass when I can. I know this is strictly dangerous, and im aware of it, on do those speeds on my fast lane, usually or almost all the time here the fast lane is clear and open.
I agree I have a speeding problem and it doesn't matter what I'm driving. I write car reviews part time so I get most of my speeding outta my way in the Demos, but I don't think there is any jeep code to how fast u drive on the highway, as long as ur comfortable and In control
Old 09-18-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually drive about 50 and wave at people.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

i usually drive a little slower on the highway so people will pass me in other lanes so they can see me smiling and enjoying every second of my drive (with the top and doors off)

p.s. i did get a ticket in the jeep going 72 in a 55 when i got pulled over and he told me how fast i was going i almost said "damn i didnt know i could go that fast"